Chapter 4.)

It was October 7th, the news finally stopped talking about the fight but black Twitter was still eating it up and mentioning Reign every chance they got. It wasn't in a bad way but it just annoyed her that they wouldn't let it go because she sure was trying to.

Reign was going to therapy twice a week instead of once now and on her second days, she brought King along with her. It was a Friday morning and the kids didn't have school today but the twins homecoming game was tonight so they were excited about that.

"Vava," Kairo called entering Ava's room.

Rolling over, she blinked a few times before staring at him.

"What's wrong?" She asked scooting over when he climbed in bed with her.

"It's nine o'clock, get up," he chuckled nudging her and she kissed her teeth.

"I thought mom and dad were fighting again,"

Laughing, he plucked her forehead. "No, they actually lounged around in the library at night time, they act like they're in high school,"

"You do know dat they met in tha' library right?" She said and he shook his head.

"Nobody ever told me, I thought mom just liked books," he admitted and Ava laughed.

"She does, but they met in tha' library, January first, also tha' twins birthday. As you can see, they were meant to be," she smiled thinking about their parents love story.

"Can you tell me tha' story?" He asked placing his arm behind his head and stared up at her yellow ceiling.

"Mom and Uncle D.J were homeless, they slept in Grandpa's truck for a long time. Mom loved reading and always went to the local library, on New Year's Day, she ran into dad there and called him a stalker for trying to get her name and for following her. She said he followed her to the urban section and they had a small conversation but once she realized he was nicer than she thought she became defensive, so she left. They ran into each other a few more times and once they were actually becoming friends they would sit behind the building to talk.... then tha' rest is history," she explained and he smiled.

"Imagine mom being mean to pops, looking at dem now, dat just wouldn't sound right," Kairo said then laughed to himself.

"I mean.... she was raised on survival, not love, it's natural for her to be defensive but I don't think she meant any harm by it,"

"And what do you think we're being raised on?"

"Love," she shrugged.

"Do you think they fell in love because they were kinda one in tha' same?" He inquired and she remained silent.

"They were different, the only thing they had in common was their fathers turning to drugs.... but Ahmed wasn't actually her dad. Papa Micah only turned to drugs after he messed up his hand, so dat was where they bonded. They were different, mom was trying to survive in tha' world and Dad was just trying to build a legacy and find dat right person, she was his equal and he was her saving grace," she explained.

"I like how you know all of dis about dem and I know so little,"

"Dad has an entire video of dem when they were younger plus I just ask. He used to tell me their story as a bedtime routine, so I have about eight different versions of their love," she disclosed and Kairo smirked.

"You think dis will last or you think they'll fight again?" She asked laying her head on his chest.

"She stopped smoking... I don't know if she'll take her pills again but she's been dancing more, you know when she dances it keeps her calm," he responded.