Chapter 13.) April 3rd

It was Thursday morning and the 'Goonies' was at McDonald's for lunch per usual before they headed back to the school

It was Thursday morning and the 'Goonies' was at McDonald's for lunch per usual before they headed back to the school. Today turned out to be a pretty easy day for them, with little work to do.

"When do you get your boot off?" Leah asked Reign as they made their drinks.

         "I go for mi checkup next week," she answered grabbing a straw and some napkins.

         "Does it hurt when you walk on it?"

        "Not all di time, but yup," she laughed.

         "How's your Uncle holding up?" Leah asked standing back in line to get their food.

         "Slow progress but gud," She said and Leah nodded glancing over at Kaari when she walked over.

          "Hey," She smiled.

          "Hey," Reign replied moving forward and Leah followed.

           "How's yur ankle?" She asked.

          "Healing,"

          Nodding, Kaari placed her hands inside her jacket pockets and looked around briefly before looking down.

        "Are mum and dad still mad?"

        "I didn't ask," Reign answered before grabbing her food and walked away.

         "What was that?" Leah whispered.

        "Nutten," Reign mumbled sitting down.

          "Gooniesssss!" Daewon called entering through the side door.

          "Morning," they all mumbled.

         "Y'all wack, we need a vacation to squash shit," he stated and everyone remained quiet.

        Shaking his head, he went to get his food.

         "My Dad's thinking about moving," Parker blurted wanting to break the awkward silence.

           "Moving where?" Tamir asked dipping his fries in the honey mustard.

         "Portsmouth," she informed.

         "Why out there? What you gon' do about college?" Nadia asked.

          "Cheaper rent, I'm still trying to figure that out. I might just live on campus," she shrugged pouring the hot sauce over her chicken sandwich.

          "I hate how we're all splitting up," Nadia sighed stuffing fries in her mouth.

         "Wi will still be frens," Reign chuckled softly.

          "Until the second year and then we finna act like we don't know each other," Nazim said and Kaari rolled her eyes.

           "Only the real will survive," Adonis replied then chuckled.