Chapter 48.)

3-year-old Reign and Kaari

"What happened?" Renae asked for what felt like the millionth time, once King finally got Reign to go to sleep.

        They got back from the hospital two hours ago, but he had said no more than four words to anyone. It took a while for the nurses and doctors to take care of Reign because she kept crying and King kept stopping them from touching her.

          He knew they needed to pop her arm back into place but his mind seemed to have left his body, somewhere between the kitchen and getting inside the truck.

         "Kingston," Renae sat next to him and watched as he stared at the cast on Reign's arm.

          "I'm fine," he mumbled.

        "No, you aren't, what happened?" She repeated then glanced over her shoulder as Kaari ran into the room.

          "Mummy look,"

          Catching the way King's body tensed up, Renae furrowed her brows but didn't say anything. Picking Kaari up, she sat her between her and King, but King got up and picked Reign up.

         "Where are you g—"

          "I need some air," he cut her off, leaving out before she could say anything else.

         "Uh oh," Kaari pouted, looking up at Renae.

         "Uh oh, what happened to Daddy?"

         "Mi pushed RayRay dung... now daadie sad.  Mi bad mommy?"

          Confused for a split second, Renae began putting the pieces together then stared at Kaari briefly.

         "You... you um, you did that to Ray?" She questioned.

         "I bad?" Kaari asked.

          "No... why'd you push her down, KK?"

           "I nuh know," she shrugged, playing with the teddy bear.

         "Kaari Winter Stone,"

         "Yes, Mummy?"

          "You know that wasn't nice of you right?" Renae lifted her brow.

           Poking out her bottom lip, Kaari blinked her eyes a few times; a sign that she was about to cry.

          "Un-uh, nope. You're a big girl, we're not doing tears, now you have to write a letter to your sister and Daddy,"

         "B— but... mi hands wittle," she pouted.

          "Girl— stop playing with me, come on," getting up, Kaari hopped down from the bed and followed Renae out of the bedroom.

***

        "Daddyyyyyy!" Assyria cheesed, running towards King. After doing some talking with his mom and Renae, he realized that he's been giving all of his attention to his other kids while leaving her in the dark.

         So he was trying to change that, starting with hanging out with her more.

          "Have fun babygirl," one of Assyria's teachers waved.

            Waving, she jumped in King's arms and went right for his chain.

          "I ain't get no lovin' but you snatched my chain?" He pouted then laughed when she mushed his face together and kissed his cheeks.