Chapter 16

Hugo POV

Me and Amber were laughing, but suddenly we saw Sofia. She had a hand on her forehead, and she was closing and opening her eyes. She was just about to fall.

"Hu - "

I caught her just in time. Amber looked very worried.

"Hugo - take her to my room. We'll call everyone." Amber said.

"Why your room?"

"It's not the time for questions. Just do it."

I nodded, lifted Sofia up in bridal style, and started walking towards Amber's room. Sofia wasn't heavy at all. I was used to it, when we used to do ice - dancing I had to lift her a whole lotta times, so there's that.

As we walked, we yelled through the hallways to wake everyone.

"Mama, Papa, James, Baileywick!" I yelled

"Des? Violet, Suzzete!" Amber shouted.

I took Sofia to Amber's room, and kicked open the door, and gently lay her on the bed, where Clover began sniffing her, and he rushed out of the room. Suddenly, he came back with Mia, Robin and a squirrel.

"What is the matter? Why are you and Hugo shouting?" Papa said, as everyone we'd called  entered the room.

"Papa, Sofia - "

"What's the matter?" James said.

"She fainted."

"What? How?" Mama said, worried.

I pointed my finger towards the bed, and everyone went rushing, and Sofia lay there.

"Violet, go get the Royal Doctor, fast!" Papa urged.

Soon enough, the Royal Doctor was checking up Sofia.

"Well, Doctor?" Mama and Papa said.

"Your majesties, I'm afraid Princess Sofia is very tired, probably because of the ball this evening. Give her this pill, and she will be perfectly fine until tomorrow."

"Oh, thank you, Doctor. I'll see to it." I said.

The Doctor bowed and left. I turned to Papa.

"Papa, it's better for Sofia not to ice - dance tomorrow. And, can you send a message to Dad, in the morning, to bring me some clothes, I'd stay here and look after her, I'll go home after the village trip day after tomorrow only."

"Same for me, Papa, if you Hugo's staying, then I'll stay too."

"Sure, Hugo and Desmond"

Mama held mine and Desmond's hands.

"Thank you both so much for looking after our daughters. We could never find a better betrothed for them."

"It's our pleasure, Mama. And when we're stressed out, they do the same." Me and Des chimed together.

"Goodnight, then." Papa said, as everyone turned to leave.

"Wait. How did Amber and Hugo know that Sofia had fainted?" Papa said, turning.

Everyone else turned around too.

Gulping, we told them the whole story, but not the 'kiss' parts, obviously.

"Oh, alright then." Papa said.

"Hugo, please give Sofia this pill, and Amber, please sleep on the bed, only. I know you do sleepovers in tents, but - "

"I know, Mother. Of course I would."

Everyone smiled and left.

"Hugo, here's the water."