Chapter 68

"Don't pick her up too much."

That had been Seokjin at one month after Soyeon. He would warn his alpha and anyone else that would randomly just pick Soyeon up, not to, especially when she was quiet. She was easier to deal with that way, and Jin didn't want her developing a habit of crying or fussing whenever she was placed down to be on her own.

But everyone just wanted to hold her in their arms. She was irresistible, like Yoongi often put it, and it was almost impossible not to want her with you. Namjoon in particular could never stay away. Soyeon was his absolute princess, his little angel, and often than not, Namjoon found himself with her. He couldn't get over how small and beautiful she was. He surely took more of Seokjin's genes, with beautiful eyes, and smooth skin. She had such round cheeks, and a cute button nose that stayed above her little lips. She was so adorable, and other than Jin, Namjoon didn't think he had ever loved someone like he did his daughter.

He cherished her, and even times when he would get off work late and she would be asleep? A kiss on her forehead wasn't enough for him, he needed to hold her in his arms, and watch her with a fond smile as she scrunched her nose in her sleep, or cutely flail her arms. It was one of the many sights of his daughter that were forever engraved in his mind. The first of many.

Seokjin had come to accept that his alpha couldn't help himself, and that their daughter was a bundle of cuteness that was indeed irresistible, and asking people not to baby her too much, was a useless task. 

Thankfully Soyeon wasn't much of a fuss, at least when someone was around she wasn't. The moment all signs of people left her sight, she would completely wail, even if it was for a few seconds. She dreaded being alone, and Seokjin had learned the hard way when one time he had rushed downstairs to get his phone, only to find her inconsolable. It took him a good few minutes to get it under control, and for Soyeon to fall a sleep.

Other than the attention she needed, she was a great baby. She would quietly lie in her crib and play with her toys, or with her parents.

At two months, Seokjin was getting the hang of having a baby. He was learning what exactly it entailed to be a parent, especially of an infant. The inconsistent schedule was no news to him anymore, the midnight crying, or the random morning wakes had been his and Namjoon's thing. Most times Namjoon would offer to do it, because Jin always had Soyeon for long hours of the day and he needed rest as well, but Seokjin always reasoned that Namjoon was always tired from work, and he needed to rest for another long day come next sunshine.

They worked through it, always splitting up the duties when it came to their daughter. But with time the difficult work reduced as she grew. At three and four months she was sitting, and able to balance her head. She would play around as Jin attended to other pressing issues, provided he was within an eye shot of her.

At five and six months, she was  crawling, and would follow people to short distances, like from the couch to the tv, or the living to the dining or kitchen. She was absolutely elated to be learning something new, always eager to do more than she was able to. She would be a giggling mess in her cute overall as she speed crawled to Namjoon when he was home from work, or whoever walked through the doors. She would want to be swayed in the air by her father, and peppered with kisses from the man who adored her.

At eight months she was standing around with things or people. She would be clinging to Seokjin's trousers or Namjoon's legs whenever she got the chance. Phones and glasses of water weren't left within her reach anymore, lest you wanted it thrown away, or covered in spit for when she would try to eat it with her little growing teeth.

At nine months she took her first solo step. Seokjin had seen it coming, with the way she would try to reach people or things, with a slight move of his legs. The said day, Seokjin had taken one of her favorite toys and had held it out to her at a distance. Excited, she had tried to balance herself, then had taken up three steps to his Appa before she fell into his arms in giggles.