Chapter 50

"This is your redo? This is worse than the first one." Namjoon shouted to the trembling lady before him. Her tears glazing over in her sockets. "I tried my best Sir." She said timidly.

Namjoon didn't answer as he wheeled back his chair so he was near the shredder by the wall. He placed the ten page report on it, letting it shred while he glared at her. "Its not good enough. Now go do it again or I'll get someone better to do it." He thundered. The girl nodded muttering apologies to which Namjoon sent her out.

Wendy came in just as she left, smiling sympathetically at her and holding the door open. She bowed disappearing before Wendy's face fell and she turned to the alpha. "If your here to give me another lecture about how to run my company, the door is that way." Namjoon mused

"I know where it is alright." She mumbled under her breath, to which the alpha assumed, going back to his work. "That first report was good. You know it."

"Maybe you should go back to writing these reports, you seem to have a lot of time in your hands." Namjoon chided sarcastically. She wanted to curse him out, and call him on all the bullshit he has been putting on for the past two weeks despite him being his boss. But he was her friend, and she could tell he was hurting. Badly.

"Mr. Young pulled off the agreement." She stated instead, choosing to ignore his previous statement. But she only earned a furious look. She expected it.  So she took a more firm posture knowing this was going to be tough.

"And your telling me now." The alpha gritted through his teeth.

"I tried to call you Namjoon. Several times."

"Well I hate to break it to you but that's your job. Your my secretary, you get to reach me when no one can. So don't make up shitty excuses for this." Wendy held her stand, she was not faced by the authoritative tone, and she didn't cower under his gaze. Not anymore.

There was no reason for Namjoon to be upset. The agreement could be amended, with someone else preferably, so it wasn't a big deal. And two, Wendy knew he saw her calls, all of them. The alpha's phone was with him every step of the way. Set to the highest volume despite it being close to him. They both knew of the only person he was waiting on.

"Its not an excuse. It could still be fixed." She answered not wanting to argue with him, or to use herself as a vessel for an outlet of his present frustrations. Namjoon ran a hand through his hair thoroughly, shaking  his head before leaning on his new desk thinking.

Since he showed up to work a few days ago the alpha had changed. His employees were learning the hard way who they were under now. Everyone was absolutely forbidden from brewing theories of what happened that night. They weren't allowed to speculate reasons for Seokjin's absence either. One of them had already been shown the door permanently when they persisted in their quest. Namjoon didn't want to hear any of it, it was also the reason he was having his office renovated, scraped clean of everything. He couldn't stand the outlook after the incident with seulgi.

That's why he sat in his mate's office in the meantime. He felt like he was closer to the omega this way, even if it wasn't much.

"Lose him, find me someone else. Someone serious this time." He said to which she nodded again. Namjoon already felt bad for shouting at her. She wasn't at fault at all, but it felt easier to blame things on people now, he felt like a small part of his anguish left with them when they cowered away. But Wendy would never give him that satisfaction, she was not brittle, and Namjoon honestly loved her for that. Her behavior would snap him out of his, remind him that he wasn't he victim.

"Anything else?" He inquired feeling slightly guilty. Not a foreign feeling anymore. "The marketing department needs. . .someone. They are kind of a mess, they need someone to call the shots seeing as they don't take the second in command so seriously." That only added to Namjoon's head aches. He couldn't understand why grown people wanted to be followed to do their work, or why they couldn't work properly without Seokjin.