Chapter 33

"Are you still mad at me." Namjoon asked not minding the crowd around them. His only concern was the omega who was serving himself some food without a care in the world. He didn't even look like he cared if people heard their conversation, or rather the one sided conversation Namjoon was having.

"You have asked me that five times now, and each time I tell you No. Am not mad Namjoon." Seokjin said a sweet smile to accompany his sentence after. It didn't look forced and that scared Namjoon. How he was suddenly fine. Earlier when they left the house Seokjin didn't speak to him, and if there is one thing he hated, it was the silent treatment. So he bugged him over and over until the omega spoke, and when he did he said he was fine.

Namjoon could have told an hour ago that seokjin was definitely not fine, but now....not so much. That previous scowl was off his face, and his eye brows weren't raised in annoyance anymore. The change happened sometime when they got to the venue.

After the red carpet the omega had been whisked by a certain tycoon and his wife. At first he looked like he didn't want to be there but no less than fifteen minutes he was causing laughter in that growing crowd of people. Namjoon was conversing with the company's president and other potential investors at the time. He couldn't keep his full focus on the things they were saying, not when Seokjin was the centre of attention on the other side of the room. Telling dad jokes while sharing whatever it is they were talking about. He didn't pay Namjoon much attention.

The alpha was bothered. A little angry too.

So hear they were. Standing by the buffet serving themselves. Namjoon didn't let him breath a second, right on his ass, demanding why he wasn't angry like he was an hour ago.

"Well each time I ask you give me glare and that creepy smile on your face."

"Nice to know you find me smiling creepy too Namjoon." "Oh come on, you know that's not your usual smile." 

The omega bit down a laugh at the look on the alpha's face. He moved out of the line after picking on some fruits. It still bothered him that Namjoon didn't want to show him. But he wasn't going to force him.

He was going to let the alpha do it himself. With a little push of course, and by the look of things he was starting to crack.

Someone calling his name had the two looking that direction and Seokjin smiled as he saw the couple from earlier, seated around a table with Wendy who looked like she didn't want to be there. Namjoon just rolled his eyes.

Two more seats were available at the table. "Excuse me while I go seat with my new friends, who are open and loving." "You met them an hour ago." The alpha said making a face. "I know right." Seokjin answered while Namjoon followed.

The alpha glared at a man who tried to take a seat next to Seokjin, the man scurrying off to another table with a scared look on his face. The couple  didn't even pay Namjoon much attention after he introduced himself which had Wendy and Seokjin stifling laughs. They were all over Seokjin.

"Seokjin-ah I was just telling my husband of what a good mate you would make." That had the omega smiling and Namjoon dropping his cutlery. "Are you mated dear?"

"Yes he is." Namjoon answered for him glaring at the two. Seokjin just rolled his eyes, going back to the couple." Yes I am mated Mrs Lau."
She made a sad face, which Namjoon reciprocated with disgust.

"Such a shame, your mate must be lucky."  "They have no idea." Seokjin said, side glancing Namjoon. He smiled to himself when he saw his plan working. "I wish you could have met my daughter, you two could have gone good together."

Namjoon scoffed, while Wendy whispered 'bottom' in the glass of champagne she was downing. The couple didn't catch either of the two.
"Am sure your daughter is beautiful,  someone will sweep her off her feet soon."