Chapter 45

Seokjin sat by the pool, patting his brother's back in comfort as he cried about jungkook. The beta had texted him earlier and asked if they could talk if he was free, and Seokjin had immediately agreed, texting back to let him know he was welcomed anytime. Taehyung decided to go to him as opposed to the other way round.

Seokjin prepared them a nice dinner, and they caught up with themselves, the beta always dodging questions about jungkook despite it being the reason he came in the first place. It wasn't until seokjin pulled him out to the pool area after dinner did the omega really question him.

Taehyung told him all about it, down to every last of his fears and regrets. Seokjin listened and comforted him.
"It took me a long time to get my feelings in check, and as soon as I did he gave up on us." Taehyung cried. His feet in the water had stilled, different from the previous minutes when he was swinging them back and forth, beating around the bush. It was weighing on him now, it was the first time he was talking to someone since the break up more than a month ago.

He wiped his tears smiling sadly, "I guess its kind of my fault too, I have made a lot of poor choices of late." The beta was convinced his indecisiveness played a huge role, his need to question the matters of the heart with his mind, to compare and weigh out situations costed him the relationship. But he was always like that, torn within himself even with simplest of choices, like pizza or ice cream.

He should have know he brought that with him to jungkook, questioning his feelings for the younger, if they were really in his heart or they were simply attachments he made to help him grieve his mother. "Don't beat yourself up tae." "How can I not, am a mess." He replied the omega, eyes focused on pool.

"Its fine to be a mess, this is one your firsts tae, its meant to teach you, to harden you up for more that may come in the future. Am not saying what you had with Jung kook didn't matter, obviously it did. Am just saying you shouldn't let it eat you up, learn from it instead, let it shape you in the future relationship wise." The omega said, his hand rubbing the other's arm. They had been out here a while, seokjin listening, asking him questions and advising him. Taehyung needed it.

He nodded through his tears listening to his older brother. "Your still young tae, your bound to make more mistakes, get more heartbreaks, and experience a lot in relationships. Embrace it, feel through it no matter how hard it is. I liked jungkook for you too, but we can't do anything about it if this is the way it is right?"

Taehyung turned to his brother, his puffy eyes crinkling in a smile. "Have you experienced a lot relationship wise too?" The omega chuckled. "A whole lot, highschool, college, you name it."

"Really, how was that?" Taehyung asked honestly intrigued, as far as he knew his brother's love life was almost non existent. "Honestly not much, because yoongi gave a beating to most of them, or threatened them."

"No surprise there." Taehyung commented swinging his legs now, his hands dipped into the water too, and he scooped some of it playing with it. "Well at least you got Namjoon, your so lucky. I hope I get that kind of person someday."

"You will tae, am sure of it." Seokjin thought about it a second, he and Namjoon were not perfect, but they always pulled through despite their differences. He didn't want to make this about them, this was about tae, so he shook his head bringing the glass of orange juice to his lips, usually he would prefer wine, but he wasn't feeling up to it of late.

"Have you shopped for college yet?"

"I should?" Tae asked confused, what did he need to buy? "Of course you do, you need to get some new clothes, nice shoes, you know, the things you may need. Your starting a fresh, I believe its essential you get new things."