Chapter 3

"I still can't believe you here, you have no idea how much I've missed you." Hoseok let out as they sat down at a booth in the restaurant. "Your being dramatic, its been what? Five years?" Seokjin replied clearly trying to annoy the other, like he always did.

It didn't work, it never did as the younger snickered, going along with the sarcasm before flashing a smile.

Hoseok was a walking sunshine, a bubble of happiness, and he spread it wherever he went. It was virtually impossible to annoy him. They were currently in a restaurant across the street for lunch. It was Seokjin third day at work, and so far everything was great, hoseok and him had took to lunch hour to catch up on lost time.

A waitress walked up to them, the boys quickly giving their order. They were starving, especially Seokjin who had missed breakfast. "Would you quit eyeing that waitress, she can clearly see you." Seokjin said as Hoseok not so subtly checked out the waitress who was now behind the counter, she didn't seem to mind though, if anything she eyed the blond back.

"You know I only got eyes for you babe, no need to be jealous." Hoseok teased his eyes back on the Omega.
Seokjin sighed shaking his head, the beta really hadn't changed at all.

"Your still the same old flirt, aren't you?"

Hoseok and him were college friends, roommates, the beta was among the few people who knew he was an omega. Hoseok used to protect him in times of fear and provided for him in times of need and Seokjin greatly cherished and appreciated that, but his mom had gotten ill towards the end of their second year, and he had had to switch college to a nearby one, he had packed and left with only little explanation, knowing the other would offer to his help if he knew, and he didn't have the heart to burden him with that problem.

Hoseok was genuine, he didn't help out of obligation, or any other selfish reasons, he helped out of his heart, protected, cared for the Omega, and it had hurt Seokjin badly to have left the way he did, but he had to, he hadn't wanted to burden him with the emotional baggage, so he had minimised communication with him until he wouldn't pickup anymore, too ashamed to admit he had more problems, and disgusted with himself to have turned his back on such a friend, well until now.

"Here she comes, act cool, she might be my future mate." Seokjin scoffed at that, as always knowing the drill of the wing man. "You've been saying that since we were in co-"
"Shhhhhh" hoseok cut him off,  straightening his back on his seat, before flashing a smile to the coming waiter. "Enjoy your meal." she said as she placed the plates on the table, her eyes fixed on Hoseok.

Seokjin rolled his eyes as he spotted the piece of paper under the others plate. She sauntered away after they thanked her, swinging her hips as Hoseok winked a last time before looking at seokjin who had his brows raised.

"That's how you get laid, Jin..." He revealed, clearly knowing, a smirk resting on his face as he waved at the waiter once more. He looked up from his plate of pasta, tilting his head to the side curiously "When's the last time you got laid?" he ventured playfully, not fazed when the omega choked on his food, his face dusting in  a deep hue immediately. He offered water after a second, briefly patting the Omega's back to cool him down.

He could almost tell the embarrassment on the Omega's face, and he smiled to himself at the Omega's still present innocence. He still got flustered talking about things like this.

"So when?" he jokingly pressured, gazing into the Omega's eyes who effectively avoided him, clearing his throat and trying to fan himself. Seokjin glanced at the beta, sighing after at the heart smile that was present on the others' face. He knew he wouldn't relent.