Chapter 48

"You need to eat something Jin. This is not good for you." Hoseok said standing by the table, a tray of food in his hand. He had a feeling he would be leaving with it, or taking it with him when he brought the next meal.

Seokjin had not eaten in three days. The omega was nauseous at the mere smell of anything, let alone the taste of it. And to top it off he didn't have any appetite. Hoseok had never seen his best friend so devastated, the omega cried for two days straight, day and night. Until his eyes hurt.

The beta was extremely worried about him. He didn't know what to do, how to handle it. Especially because Seokjin had pleaded with him to not tell anyone. Hoseok was feeling inadequate, he didn't know if comforting him would be enough anymore.

Seokjin didn't answer, his body buried even deeper in the sheets, where hoseok assumed he was crying again. The only time hoseok had seen the older catch a break was when he fell a sleep for the first time yesterday. It was only for a few hours, but he was thankful that the other's body had shut for a bit. Although he could also see how troubled he was even in his sleep. He was stirring constantly, brows knitted in worry, like he was having a nightmare.

He probably was.

"Jin please, you need to eat something." Hoseok pleaded one more time, putting down the tray of food and sitting on the bed. He shook the other lightly, before pulling back the covers when Seokjin didn't move. The omega was indeed crying. Eyes swollen and red. His tear streaked cheeks glistened in the room lit by the moon, giving him an ethereal look, different from how he felt.

Hoseok cradled his face, his heart tugging at the sight. "Jin..." "Why...why did he do that to me?" The omega cried, much like he had been doing lately. Asking the same questions he had been asking. "I don't know sweets, you just need to give it sometime, it will be alright."

Hoseok knew it wouldn't be alright.

He could see just how broken his friend was. And the most rational part of him wanted to go out there and do the right thing.

Give Namjoon a beating.

He wanted to hurt that son a bitch, make him feel even the slightest of pain seokjin was feeling. That day when he sat seokjin down to talk, the omega had told everything that happened in that office. The worry and the eventual pain that he felt when he found those two. Hoseok felt bad for his best friend, he felt like it was his fault for having told the him not worry too much. Not that if he didn't the outcome would have been different. Maybe the alpha would have played his best friend for the longest time.

Yet he couldn't help feel like there was more to the story. Something was definitely a miss. He hated to admit it but he felt like Namjoon needed to tell his side. Why exactly he would throw away the beautiful thing he had with seokjin. Hoseok was convinced he saw more than love in that alpha's eyes when he looked at Seokjin. He saw adoration. Respect. He too wanted answers to the same thing Seokjin was asking him.

"You should get something in your stomach first, this is not good for you. Please." Hoseok begged seeing as the other was ready to object. "You know I can't." Seokjin objected anyway trying to roll over to the other side. Hoseok caught his arm in place. "Yes you can, try this." Hoseok said pulling the tray of fruits and water from the table.

Seokjin eyed it, feeling his throat already close up, and hearing the painful guttural noises he would be making in a bit. Seokjin wasn't able to keep anything down since three days ago. He didn't want any food, but whenever he really tried it would just come back up. Hence the beta pushing him to eat something. He was slowly becoming dehydrated.

"I think oranges would help reinstate your appetite. You just need to take it gradually, can you do that for me?" Hoseok knew he was asking a lot, but the omega eventually nodded slowly before sitting up. Hoseok helped him to a glass of water first wetting his dry throat before he started feeding him the sliced fruits.