Chapter 61. Helping Glacier go to sleep.

Elisabeth's POV:

I hugged Glacier as she snuggled up to me. She was a bit upset about things still. That cut on her wrist looked bad. Poor girl!

"We need to do something about Button's ear," said Glacier. "It feels bad."

"It looks it, too, Babe." I sighed. "Poor dog."

Button put her head on her paws and fell asleep. I looked at the cute thing and let her sleep there. Glacier looked in my direction. "I'm scared."

"Why?" I put my arms round her.

"What if Mr Pidge hurts Anna?" Glacier bit her lip.

"I think her mother is sending her to care," I said. "Like her sisters."

"Ah, good," said Glacier. "Did she say when?"

"No," I sighed. "Unfortunately not."

"She's looking at starting Mill Brook next year," said Glacier yawning.

"Tired," I said. "Come on. Let's get you ready."

"But I don't feel it," lied my girlfriend. "I want to talk more."

"Come on, babe." I helped her to get  under my duvey. "I'm going to bed, too!"

"Whatever," sighed my girlfriend.

She got under and sighed. She was still in her pink and purple dress and looked amazing in it. Even though she was stressed out. I didn't want her to get dressed. I wanted her to just sleep. But the girl would not.

"Please, Glace," I said. "Do I need to read a book to you?"

Glacier didn't answer. Sniffling noises came out of her. I put my arm round her. "Hey, it's okay."

"You are angry at me," sniffled Glacier.

"No?" I felt confused. "What makes you say that, hun?"

"Don't know," sniffled Glacier.

"Then why are you upset?" I held her gently to me.

"Don't know," sniffled Glacier again. "I feel bad for being out of action for so long. I wanted to be with you."

"Oh, Glace," I said gently. "It's okay. You couldn't help that. You were poisoned, remember."

"You were hurting yourself," sniffled Glacier.

"Who told you?" I felt surprised. "Or was that a guess?"

"I guessed, to be fair," sniffled Glacier. "You didn't do it did you?"

"No," I said. "Your dad made sure I wouldn't."

"Good," sighed my girlfriend. "Just a nightmare then."

"Maybe," I said hugging her. "You seem to have a lot of those, Babe."

"I know," said Glacier. "I can't help it."

I gently kissed her. "Come on. Please try and get some sleep, baby. You will feel better after it!"

"Fine," said Glacier with a yawn. "Love you, Els."

I gently rubbed circles into her shoulders. "I love you too, Glace."

Glacier slowly fell asleep. I carried on the gentle movements and didn't stop. Button woke up and lightly jumped off the bed and went to her corner. I watched as she curled up, her tail wagging still. She was a cute dog.

"Night, girl," I whispered.

Button watched me. She wanted to make sure we both were asleep, bless her.

Button's POV:

I watched as the girls both slowly fell asleep. Elsa didn't seem tired. But Glacier was definitely tired.

"Night, girl," whispered Elsa to me. "Go to sleep, too!"

I put my head on my paws and found myself in dreamland. I couldn't help but worry about the girls.

***

A/N:

Here is chapter 61 after like two months. I'm so sorry about the delay. Hopefully the next chapter won't be as long.