Chapter 62. Chrismas with the Bakers.

Elisabeth's POV:

Before we knew it, it was Christmas Day. Lots of things happened in the two days that lead up to it. Winter and Arianna came Christmas Eve and stayed with us.  Glacier was happier now she was with me.

I woke up, feeling happy. This was the first ever Christmas where I didn't feel threatened by anything. Not even Kyla yelling at me. My arm was wrapped round Glacier's skinny body and her head was close to my neck. I remembered what we did last night and smiled. I gently tickled her and kissed her forehead. "Wake up, Glacie. It's Christmas."

Glacier stretched and moaned slightly. "Ten more minutes!"

"No," I giggled. "Get up."

Glacier smiled and sat up. She stretched and felt round. I giggled. I didn't know what she was looking for.

"Morning, girls!" David was standing in the room.

Button got up from her pillow in the corner of the room and trotted to him. I sat up and smiled. "Morning, David."

"Morning, dad," said Glacier smiling.

"Are you two coming?" David was chuckling. "We are all in my room."

I felt worried."Are we late?" I looked at him. "Didn't know there was a certain time we had to get up today."

"No," said Glacier. "There isn't. But the others like getting up early Christmas Day."

"Ah," I said. "I see."

David smiled. "Take your time."

"Okay," I said. "Give us five minutes then."

David smiled and left the room. Button followed him, her tail wagging nineteen to the dozen.

"What are you looking for, Glace?" I asked. "Your stocking?"

Glacier nodded. "I can't find it, Els."

"Your hand was on it," I said gently taking it and placing it over her purple stocking. "Looks very full, babe. You must of been good and brave this year."

"I don't think I have," said Glacier, her lip trembling a bit.

I hugged her. "Hey. What's wrong?"

"It's ... nothing," said Glacier.

"Glacier," I said. "Stop this. I know that you were. We all think that you are brave."

Glacier shook her head. "Not everyone."

"Most of us think you are brave," I said hugging her close. "Come here."

Glacier got close to me and put her arms round me. I gently rocked her in my arms. "Come on. Don't think badly of yourself."

Glacier just hugged me. Her grip got tighter every breath she took. I didn't mind. She felt stressed.

"Sorry," she mumbled after a while."

"For what?" I got a lock of her hair and twisted it round my finger.

But she didn't reply. She stayed quiet. I rubbed circles into her back and let her just hug me.

***

A/N:

Hi, people. Sorry for the long delay on this book!

I got so many to write. Plus I actually have been so busy with life.

Hope you like this chapter and see you hopefully in two weeks for another chapter.