Chapter 23. Lunch time.

Glacier's POV:

I was worried. I heard a lot of screaming outside the room. Winter and Scarlet were tensed too.

"Elsa," I whimpered. "Don't."

"Glacier," said Winter gently. "She'll be okay.

Then we heard a thump. Then Iceland's voice telling Freya off.

"Elsa," I felt my heart racing. "Scarlet?"

"Do you want me to check?" Asked Scarlet.

I nodded. Scarlet walked to the door.

"Is she okay?" Asked Winter as she came back.

"No." Scarlet sounded frightened. "She's bleeding."

"No," I gasped.

"She looked bruised as well." Scarlet sounded upset. "Freya must of hurt her badly because Miss Iceland has to hold her."

"No no no," I panicked, tears spilling out my tear ducts.

Both girls put their arms round me. "Oh Glacier."

I sniffled. My baby girl. Hurt. I couldn't cope. I wanted nothing to be near her and give her hugs like she did to me our second night. I wanted to spend time with her. Oh why did I say she couldn't rely on me?

It was lunch time. I had managed to eat one half of a ham sandwich, giving the other half to Scarlet. She lead me back to our tutor room where Miss Iceland was. She put an arm round me. "Elsa will be okay, soon."

I sat down. Miss Iceland was very strict. But she was nice to me and Elsa. I was glad.

"Glace?"

I turned my head to Elsa. She had woken up at last. She reached out for my hand. I grabbed it. It felt very cold.

"How do you feel, now?" I asked. "You were in a lot of pain earlier. Scar told me."

"Still a bit," sighed my girlfriend. "I did try to stay calm, but Freya brought back memories of us two in City Poem. She hurt me there, too!"

"How bad?" I sat on the edge of the bed.

"As worse as she did today," said Elsa.

I went to hug her when she winced. I could tell because her body went tensed.

"Oh, Elsa," I said. "Please get better."

"They are sending me back to Sparkle this afternoon because Miss Iceland has students," sighed Elsa. "I wished I could be in classes with you, Baby."

I blushed. "Well you will be next week."

"What do we have this afternoon, then?" Asked Elsa. "What am I missing?"

"English and Music," I said. "Our individual lessons for Singing and our other instroments aren't until our second full week. But our clubs start next week."

"I forgot what I'm doing," said Elsa.

"Horse riding and dance? I think." I said.

"Oh, yeah," said Elsa. "You are doing them, too!"

"Yes," I said.

The bell rang out for the fifth period of the day. Elsa hugged me. "Good luck this afternoon, honey."

"I hope you rest this afternoon," I said. "Just get better for me."

Elsa squeezed my hand. "See you after school."

I nodded and walked out the room to my English class.

Scarlet and Winter held my hands.

"Is she okay, now?" Asked Scarlet.

"She's spending the afternoon back in the house," I said. "I don't blame her. Poor Elsa."

Winter hugged me. "You love her, don't you."

"Yes," I said. "It hurt me to find out she got hurt. I should of got it instead. It was my fault."

"Now, Glacier," said Scarlet. "Don't think like that. It isn't your fault she got hurt. It was Freya's fault."

"I heard she's got expelled," said Winter. "Whether that's a roomer or not, I don't know."

I had my fingers crossed.

Later, I got back to the house with Scarlet. She was also in Sparkle. Arianna saw me and walked out. "Just to warn you, honey. But Clorrissa is on. But don't worry. Just stick to your room. Elsa's in there, resting."

"Is she better?" I asked hopefully.

"She's up walking round your room. She only just got up, mind. She looks very bad, though. Not that you can see her. But it's worse for us because we can see the pain she was in."

I nodded. I didn't take that as an offence. I was used to that.

Once I got in the room and dumped both mine and Elsa's bags on the floor near our beds, Elsa came over. I sighed. "Great. This is just great."

"What's wrong, honey?" Elsa wrapped her arms round me.

"You get hurt. And now Clorrissa's on duty." I felt scared. "Next it will be my mum. Today's getting worse and worse."

Elsa hugged me, being careful of her sore stomach. "It's not your fault I got hurt," she said reading my mind. "Freya was going to hurt me anyway. You can't see her wicked look she gave me. She wanted you out the way."

I sighed. "Still. It could of been me, again."

"Again?" Elsa sounded concerned. "She hurt you, too?"

"Yeah," I said. "It wasn't just Mum that abused me. Annabelle's dad, Freya, teachers at my other schools."

I could tell Elsa was getting upset on my behalf.

***

A/N:

Hopefully, the story would calm down. Or not!

Next chapter will be up at some point this week.

How did you like the last two chapters?