Chapter 79: the sleepless night

Glacier's POV:

I woke up in the middle of the night. I thought I heard my phone go off. But when I rolled over, Elsa's arms were round me. Did she sense something wasn't right?

"Huh?" I felt scared.

"Just go back to sleep," said my girlfriend gently squeezing my hand. "Nothing's going on!"

"I thought my phone went off, Els!" I mumbled. "Something vibrated."

"Oh," said Elsa. "That was my phone."

"What are you doing up, still, love?" I felt confused.

"Oh," said Elsa, sounding guilty. "I wanted to make sure you were okay, Glace. You aren't looking well. Did the fight drain you?"

"Maybe?"  I felt anxious.

"It's okay," said Elsa leaning over me and grabbing a lock of my hair. "I promise. You and Button are heroes. Although I don't know how you managed to hold her still. She's a strong dog."

"I must have the special touch," I said sitting up a bit, using my free arm to prop myself up. "She does get I'm blind, though."

"Is she okay?" Came a voice.

"Yeah," said Elsa. "Come in, Luna!"

The door opened. "I see you're awake, Glacier. Don't worry, though! It's understandable. You did have a bit of a day yesterday!"

"Yesterday?" I felt confused.

"It's midnight," said Luna coming over to sit beside me. "You've got some time to have sleep."

"I can't," I said. "Yesterday's events keep playing in my head."

"But you put those Bitches back where they belong." Elsa gently brushed my lock of hair off my face. "You are brave."

"Wasn't clever of me, though," I yawned slightly. "They did shoot Scarlet."

"It wasn't real bullets," said Luna. "It looked like a poison dart."

"My one was a real one," said Elsa. "But it didn't strike me quite as far as the heart. It got my broken ribs which were killing with the pain already."

"Oh, yeah," I said. "Was it the pain that knocked you out?"

"Aha," said Elsa. "That and the impact of falling on the ground."

"Who were you texting?" I found Elsa's phone. "My dad?"

"Er ... no?" Elsa sounded guilty.

"And me," said Luna. "Why are you cutting again, miss Baker?"

"The boys," I explained. "Well, Midnight not so much."

"Biscuit is the main bully," said Elsa. "I kind of feel sorry for Midnight. It's as if he gets dragged into the bullying. He did pull me aside yesterday before Performing Arts and told me."

"Did you know that Midnight was bullied, too?" I asked. "Apparently his parents don't like him."

"He told me," said Luna. "Again, like Elsa, he pulled me aside at dinner. He looked so guilty. He told me a horrible thing he has to do for Biscuit. And it involves you, Glacier."

"Oh," I said feeling the dread creeping up. "Don't say what it is."

I won't," said Luna. "Try and go back to sleep, the both of you."

"Okay," I said.

Elsa hugged me. "Don't worry. We'll be okay."

"Okay," I said. "Night!"

"Night, Glacier!" Said Luna. "Listen to something."

Elsa handed me my phone and headphones. Then she walked to her bed. Luna tucked me in again. "Like the old days, isn't it, Glacier. When I used to help you go to sleep after a nightmare?"

I nodded. "Did you do the same for Elsa? You know, in the orpbanage?"

"Yeah, she did," said Elsa. "Many nights. You are the best hugger, Luna when nightmares are concerned."

"Agreed," I said. "Thank you, Luna for being there for us."

"No worries," said Luna. "Now, go to sleep, the both of you."

I plugged in my headphones and put on a story. Soon I was sound asleep. So deeply asleep that I didn't hear Elsa fall asleep and Luna leaving the room.

***

The next morning, I woke up and got into the shower. Elsa greeted me as I came back into the room. "

"You were awake?" I felt confused. "It's only 6:45, love!"

"I know," said Elsa. "Do you want me to braid your hair?"

"Okay," I said.

Elsa got my hairbrush from my desk and started gently brushing my hair. "You may need to brush your shirt down a bit, Babe. Dandra's coming off your hair."

"Okay," I said with a sigh.

Elsa started braiding my hair as I tried to brush my clothes off. Being blind made that sort of thing difficult. I get constant reminders about things like this.

That's better," said Elsa. "Here, let me do it, though. Yu missed some."

She gently started to brush it off and sorted my collar of the shirt out. I smiled. "Shit, I forgot about that!"

"It's okay," said Elsa giggling. "You have an excuse."

"True," I giggled.

Elsa finished my braid and then tied it up. "You look so pretty, Glacier!"

"Do I?" I felt a bit warm and tingly inside as she said that.

"You are blushing," said Elsa giggling. "Is it something I said by any chance?"

"Er ... maybe?" I tried not to burst out laughing. "I better finish getting dress, I guess."

"Yeah," said Elsa.

I waalked to the sink in our room and started running the tap for brushing my teeth.

————————-

A/N:

Here is chapter 79. Hope you enjoy!

Wolfie out