Chapter 89: Glacier comforts me.

Elisabeth's POV:

It was after the cakes were served up. I excused myself from the party. Alaska and Glacier both noticed.

"pSST!" Glacier had followed me out. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing?" I felt guilty.

"Not this again, Els!" Alaska had joined us, too!

"What?" I felt confused.

"Why did you come out?" Glacier asked. "Stressed? Anxious?"

"I'm anxious," I admitted.

"What about?" Glacier put an arm round me.

"Don't know," I admitted.

"What's going on?" David came out.

"Struggling," said Glacier. "Long day. Right, Els?"

"Yeah," I sighed. "A long day."

"Glacier, Alaska!" David turned to the Twins. "Maybe it is good if I spoke to Elsa alone."

"Okay," said Glacier.

"But dad," said Alaska.

"But nothing, Alaska," said David. "You both go bacck in there.

The girls sighed and left. I was trembling.

"Oh, honey!" David wrapped me in his arms. "What's wrong?"

So I explained about how the day started with Biscuit calling me Orphan. All through this, David rubbed circles into my back.

"Oh, honey," he said. "I'm so sorry!"

"He kept throwing threats at me all day, David!" I sniffled. "I hate it. I hate him."

"Calm down, Sweetie," said David gently. "It's okay! We'll sort it out. You will be okay. I know you miss your dad. But he is not really gone."

I nodded. "I know. But it feels like he isn't with me, David."

David held me close. "Well, I'm here."

I snuggled into his embrace sniffling.I knew he was right.

"Is everything okay, Love?"

Arianna joined us. David shook his head. "Elsa's missing him."

"Oh, honey!" Arianna joined the hug. "It's okay! You have us."

I nodded. But I felt so upset.

***

Later, it was the end of the party. I felt so guilty that I walked out of Glacier's Birthday party. But I wanted to have a little break. We were back in our room. Scarlet and Alaska went to their room. Glacier was sat beside me. But she didn't look angry. How could she be angry with me? She found something in her bag and handed it to me.

"What iis this?" I sniffled.

"Something that belongs to you, Sweetie!" Glacier said. "Dad found it. Well, Kyla apparent went to our house to drop off stuff you left there."

I blinked and saw my Dog teddy from when I was 1. I bit my lip hard, tasting  the coper blood. Glacier put her arm round me. "Oh, Els. It's okay."

I looked at her. "Thank you for bringing it back to me!" I sniffled. "Means a lot!"

"Thought it might cheer you up." Glacier sighed. "Now we both have things from our past."

"Yeah," I said hugging her. "Sorry I'm like this, Glacie on your birthday!"

"Oh, Darling," said my girlfriend. "It's okay! It's understandable. You are having a bit of a bad time."

"But I ruined it." I stared at the carpet. "I'm a bad girlfriend."

"Shut up," said Glacier sounding stern. "You aren't."

"Fine," I said.

Glacier stood up and walked to the door. "Be Right Back," she said. "I forgot my present from Midnight!"

"Okay," I said.

Glacier walked out the room. I watched the door. I wanted to go back home to Inkwell with David, Lily, Kate and Bruno. I didn't want to face Biscuit in the morning. But education came first.

"Ruff!" Came a bark from outside the door.

"Oh, Wolfie!" Came Glacier's voice. "Come to help with Elsa?"

"Ruff!" Came Alaska's bark. "Woof ruff woof!"

"Come in, then!" Glacier told her.

Then the door opened. Alaska came trotting in, her tail wagging. She noticed me and tried to bound up. But Glacier gently grabbed her. "Calm down!"

Alaska looked shocked. But did as her sister said. Glacier joined me on the bed again, box in hand. Alaska walked slowly to me, sitting herself down at my feet. She whimpered.

"I'm okay, Wolfie!" I petted her snout. "I promise. Just hating school."

Alaska nuzzled my hand. Glacier knelt down beside her sister. She looked at me. "Please, promise me something, Love!"

"That I wouldn't do that?" I said. "Of course I wouldn't. But I can't help the thoughts. I'm sure you are the same?"

Glacier nodded. "But let's make a promise to each other.. we won't do that!"

"We won't do that," I agreed.

Alaska gave me a questioning look.

"What?" I asked. "I wouldn't. Not with Glacier in my life!"

"Aww," said Glacier. "All your friends, too!"

"And all my friends," I said. "Which include you, too, Wolfie!"

Alaska smiled at me and nuzzled my hand again. I felt better.

—————————

A/N:

Here is chapter 89. The next chapter will be a time skip again to the end of Alaska's week trile at the school.

Hope you liked this chapter and see you in chapter 90!

Wolfie Out!