Chapter 99: Annabelle and Raven's stay

Glacier's POV:

It was a day after the awards day. Elsa and I were with Scarlet. Winter went home already with dad because of it being nearly the end of term. We wanted to stay on for the activities that school was holding.

Today, the three of us were in charge of looking after kids on Assessment for the new year. We were waiting outside on our favourite piece of play equiptment which was a basket swing. I sat in the middle as Elsa and Scarlet sat either end of the swing. I sighed a bit.

"What's wrong, Glace?" Elsa asked.

"Nothing," I said.

"You look a bit fed up," Scarlet noted. "What's wrong?"

"Just wished Wolfie was back from Spain for this!" I chewed my lip a bit.

"She's coming home next week," said Scarlet putting an arm round me. "I'm going to live with them, remember?"

"Oh yeah," I said. "I guess you are right!"

I could tell that Scarlet was upset about her dad. I didn't want to ask her how yesterday went.

"You have a question forming," said Scarlet. "You want to know how my time with dad went?"

"Er ... yeah," I said..

"He treated me to a lot of things," said Scarlet. "Even let me pick a pet if I wanted one."

"Did you want one?" Elsa asked swinging us a bit higher. "I'm sure Maria will let you keep one."

"Auntie Maria will let you," I said. "She had a pet dog before that event happened and Wolfie joined her in Spain. In fact, it was a little like Button. Our family have a thing for Huskies.."

"Yes," said Scarlet. "In fact, Dad let Maria know exactly what the pet was and she agreed to pick it up with me next week. The puppy is about seven weeks old. It's a little baby Siberian Husky. In fact, I may need help thinking of a name for this one."

"Will we get to meet it?" I asked.

"Of course," said Scarlet. "My little baby puppy! Aww she was sweet. Her brown eyes made my heart melt. And when I held her she knew I was the right person for her."

"That's cute," said Elsa.

"Yeah," I said. "What else did your dad treat you to?"

"Well I had to get things for my pup." Scarlet smiled. "So like a basket, harness and lead, water and food bowls and other things. I hope Button will make friends with my dog."

"I'm sure she will." I felt a but uncertain though.

"Elsa, Glacier, Scarlet!" Came Arianna's voice. "The girls are here for you!"

Elsa stopped the swing and helped me off, locating my cane. "Coming, Arianna!"

I grabbed my cane and unfolded it. Then Elsa lead the way, Scarlet following me.

***

"Glacie?" Came an excited voice.

Then a pair of arms wrapped round me.

"Hey, Anna!" I said with a smile. "Welcome to Mill Brook."

"Thank you!" Anna sounded happy. "And Elsa!"

"Hey Anna!" Elsa Giggled.

"Raven will be a minute," said Arianna. "She's very excited to see you, Elsa!"

"Aww, bless her," said Elsa.

Anna let me go and lead me to a seat. "You look a bit better, Glace!" She said. "I heard about your adventures this year. Love the way that you got the head teacher and one of the care staff, as well as your mother and Elsa's mother behind bars!"

"Well," I said. "It was hard. But we managed it."

"Still," said Anna. "I wished my dad was behind bars!"

"He hasn't got any worse, right?" I asked my friend.

"No comment," said Anna.

"Elsa!" Came another excited voice running in.

"Raven!" Elsa got up and embraced the younger girl. "Welcome to Mill Brook!"

"Thank you!" Said Raven. "Hello, Glacier. Nice to see you again!"

"And you," I said with a smile.

"Hi, girls!" Said Scarlet. "My name is Scarlet Cookson! I'm a friend of Glacier and Elsa's here."

"Hello!" Anna and Raven said.

"Wait," said Raven after a while. "Luna said she had a sister called Scarlet, right?"

"Yes," said Elsa. "Luna works here, too!"

"Really?" Raven sounded excited.

"Yes," I said. "Her shift of looking after us is later on tonight! Maybe you can talk to her."

"Nice to meet you, Scarlet!" Raven shook her hand. "Your sister is a great person."

"She is," said Scarlet. "I'm glad she works here. I haven't seen her since I was two years old? But out of the two of us, she got taken to your orphanage."

"Ah," said Raven. "Luna did get upset a lot when your dad rang."

"He wanted to get Luna back," said Scarlet. "But he wasn't allowed."

"Show Anna and Raven to where they are staying, girls!" Arianna suggested.

We nodded. Then lead the two girls upstairs.

***

Later, Scarlet came into my and Elsa's room. She sat down on my bed and sighed. I put my arm round her. "What's wrong?"

"I'm worried about my dad, Glacie!" Scarlet was sniffling.

"Oh, hun," I said hugging her. "It's okay! He is strong."

I was lying. But I didn't want to break my promise to dad.

"Just think of your puppy," I suggested. "I can help with a name!"

Scarlet snuggled into me. "Go ahead."

I sat there in thought. "I know that my sister's nickname is Wolfie to us. But what about Wolf? Or even something like that?"

"I'll think about it," sniffled my best friend. "Thank you, Glace."

The door opened and Elsa, Raven and Anna came in. The younger girls were giggling.

"What's going on?" I asked. "What's so funny?"

"Oh some memories of City Poem, Glace!" Said Elsa. "Like good ones. Before Freya Jonson decided to start being a bitch. Right, Anna? Apparently Freya was nice before."

"Yeah," sighed. "Then everything went wrong. But after you left, Freya got worse. If it wasn't for Elsa, Freya would of done more!"

"She got back at me later, though!" Elsa admitted. "Glacie was there. It was awful, wasn't it, Glace?"

I nodded. "Freya did a lot of damage."

"I remember that," said Scarlet sitting up. "You looked so rough, Elsa!"

"So Freya Jonson hurt Elsa?" Raveen sounded angry.

"We got her expelled again," I said. "So she's gone. Well hopefully she doesn't come back."

We all sighed as one.

—————-

A/N:

Here is chapter 99. I would say there are only 3 chapters left. But now that's changed to five! I can't just leave this like this! Raven and Annabelle need to be in the story a little bit longer, right?

Wolfie out!