Chapter 38: yes I do.

Glacier's POV:

Button licked me to say thank you! I petted the big puppy and smiled.

"She would make a great petting animal at Mill Brook," I said. "Like for those that are struggling."

"Don't you mean emotional support dog?" Elsa said through eating.

"Yes," I said. "That's what I mean. She would make a great one. I mean, look at the attention you get from her."

"Exactly," said Elsa. "Button loves the two of us. The nurse even admitted that she doesn't really need to be here."

Button pricked her ears up. She turned to me and nosed at my hand.

"What, girl?" I stared in her direction. "What do you want?"

Elsa giggled.

"What?" I felt confused.

"She wants another cuddle," said Elsa.

Button nuzzled into me. I put my arms around her. She wagged her tail, tickling my bitten arm. It felt good, actually!

"Is that better?" I asked the dog.

Button barked and tickled me with her tail. We all burst out laughing. Button did sound funny.

"You should see her smile," said Elsa. "It's so adorable."

"I can imagine," I said with a smile. "She sounds happy. Wagging her tail."

"Exactly," said Elsa. "She's so happy with you and me."

I smiled. "Shame we can't take her home with us or to school. It would help everyone with extra needs."

"She doesn't want to be in a hospital," said Elsa. "I think she likes your dad. Which is a good thing."

Dad came over and picked Button from my lap. The dog barked.

"I think she didn't want to be taken from me, dad," I giggled.

"Yeah," said Elsa. "I think she was good with Glacier."

Dad laughed. "Bless her. She loves both of you."

We all laughed.

Two hours later, I was back at school. Scarlet hugged me. "Glace, why didn't you tell me about today?"

"I didn't want to frighten you," I said.

"Luckily that Arianna found you," said Scarlet.

"Did you wonder where I was?" I asked looking confused.

"Yeah," said Scarlet. I came to find out if you wanted to practice today's piece. But because you had Elsa on your mind, I didn't want to stress you out."

"You are so kind," I said. "I don't feel like it."

"It's okay," said Scarlet. "We have until next Monday to practice. How is Elsa? Doesn't she have a pet dog now?"

"No," I said. "The dog is a bit odd."

"Odd?" Scarlet stared at me. "Like behaviour?"

"No." I sighed and lay down. "She was put on the car park. She was scrounging in the bin, poor thing! She's a small dog."

"Aw," said Scarlet. "She sounds like a smart dog."

"I think she is. She's helping round in the wards," I explained. "The most adorable dog in Britain."

Scarlet sounded interested.

***

A/N:

Sorry that the chapter was shorter  I wanted to get it done before I fell asleep.

Here you go.
💛🦡
How did you like it and why?