Chapter 9: activities.

Glacier's POV:

After meeting our tutor, Elsa and I walked to the library. Freya, Hope, another new girl called Charlotte who was in year seven and the head boy and girl were there. I felt nervous. Elsa put her arm round me. Freya made gagging noises.

"Stop it, Johnson," said the head girl.

"Oh, um sorry, Zelda!" Said Freya.

I was glad that Zelda could talk her out of it. The boy was quiet. Zelda was the talker of the two.

"So, welcome to Mill Brook!" She said. "I'm Zelda Marchbanks and this is Oliver Sanders."

We all smiled at them.

"Now, we will have to do some introductions," said Oliver. "I'm head boy here."

I smiled. I worshiped him and Zelda. I could tell that they would be great as head students. I met them during my two week stay.

"We only recognise one of you!" Said Zelda. "Welcome back Glacier!"

"Thank you," I said.

"But we don't know the rest of you that much," said Oliver.

Elsa, Hope, Charlotte and Freya all did their introductions. I giggled internally when Freya admitted that she was a bully.

"Well, hopefully, Mill Brook will turn that behaviour around," said Oliver.

I raised my eyebrows. Like that would ever happen. You can't change the way that people behave.

"Nice to meet you all," said Zelda. "Ah, here's Mrs Vicles."

"Hello, everyone," said Mrs Vicles coming and sitting beside me. "It's nice to see you without parents!"

Charlotte was not the only year seven. But for some reason, the two others that was meant to join her were not here.I leant on Elsa who looked awkwardly at Zelda and Oliver. Then two more kids came in. These must be the new year sevens. Vicles greeted them.

"This is  Charlotte," she said showing them to Charlotte. "Everyone, the new students are Taylor and Ruby. They are Oliver and Zelda's sisters.

The two smiled at their sisters. Then I remembered them both coming on the two week thing with me. Taylor recognised me. "Hi, glacier!"

She came over and we shook hands. Ruby came over, too! "We are glad you are here, too!" They both said.

"They would never be quiet," laughed Zelda. And Oliver. "You seem like a celebrity to them, Glacier!"

I giggled. "Hi, girls!"

They both went to sit beside Charlotte. Then Vicles gave us all braille or large print. I read my piece and felt confused. It said WLECMOE. What on earth?

"What is this, Miss?" Asked Elsa as she gave me a hug.

"is this meant to be a cracking code thing?" Guessed Freya.

"Maybe," said Vicles.

"I know mine," I said. "It's obvious."

"Mine is difficult," said Elsa. "The letters are LABURY."

"Hm," I said thoughtfully. "It sounds like Liburary. But that doesn't sound like a word."

"Take the U away and it is Library!" Said Ruby.

"True," said Elsa.

I could tell that she was getting a bit annoyed. But I couldn't distract her. Vicles was watching us. Something told me that Vicles was watching out for signs. But what signs?

***

A/N:

This will be the last update in this book for a while. But that at the end was a nod towards what will happen in the third book. Keep that in mind.