Chapter 32: Luna's first day.

Glacier's POV:

I was walking back from school with Scarlet. We were in a very deep conversation about our drama homework.

"We will have to send Elsa what we are doing, so she knows," Scarlet said.

"She might not be up to it, Scar." I looked in her direction.

"Good point," said Scarlet. "Oh, your dad's here."

Dad came up to us. He hugged me gently. "How was your day?"

"Good," I said. "I miss Elsa, though, dad."

"I know," said dad. "I'm here for her phone, actually."

"How is she, David?" Scarlet asked.

"In a bad way." Sighed dad. "She constantly falls asleep."

"Morphine?" I asked. "That stuff is so great."

"You hated it, darling," said Dad laughing. "She hates it."

"I don't blame her," I giggled. "What is she like about it?"

"Not as bad as you, Honey," said Dad. "She's not got to the point of calling everyone a curse word yet, anyway."

"Oh thank god," I said. "I can't imagine what she will be like."

"Luna?" Scarlet had walked into the house.

The door closed before I could hear the reunion. Dad hugged me. "Do you want me to try and get Elsa to ring you later?"

"If that's okay," I said. "But if she's not up to it, don't make her. I want her to get better so she can come home with us."

"I told her last night," said dad. "She's very happy."

"Good," I said.

"I think the two of you are a cute couple," said Dad. "She told me."

"Ah, okay!" I said. "I thought she might. I actually recorded something on my phone for her. She likes my piano playing. I can send it to you if you want."

"That will make her very happy, I think." Said dad. "She's in a lot of pain. I think she needs a lot of distraction."

"Poor thing!" I said. "Give her hugs from me."

Dad smiled and ruffled my hair. "I will do, sweetie. Be good for Luna and George."

"I will," I said. "See you on Friday!"

"Yep," said Dad. "You will be staying in a hotel with me and Kate, Lily and Bruno. We can't go home until Elsa's better. The three of them are staying with Elsa for the moment. Bruno and Kate understand. Lily likes Elsa and is chatting to her. Bless her."

"Cool!" I said. "Will she be up to more visitors?"

"I think the five of us is enough for her. Luna will probably take Scarlet in at some point." Dad sounded stressed.

"what's wrong?" I heard the tenseness. "Is it about the fact Mum's ruined everything?"

"I just feel bad for Elsa," said Dad. "I guess I'm her fatherly figure. She was crying a lot last night."

"Poor Elsa," I sighed. "Give her a gentle but big hug from me for definite. She needs all the love she can get."

"And you have to promise me something," said dad sounding serious. "Do not cut while she's in hospital. That is her main worry. She told me that she won't get better if you hurt yourself. Do you promise me, Glacier."

"I can't," I said. "She locked it away where I can't access it anyway."

"I mean with anything," said dad. "I'm being serious when I say this."

"Okay, Dad," I said. "I'll go and talk to someone instead."

"That's my girl," said dad hugging me.

I felt the weight of my bag get heavy on my shoulders. My laptop, IPad and god knows what else was weighing my shoulders down.

"Go and say hello to Luna," said dad. "I'll see you on Friday afternoon."

I smiled and typed in the security code. Then I walked in, waving to Dad.

Once I got in and signed myself in, Luan came up to me. "Long time no see, Miss Baker!"

I grinned and put my arms around her. "Hi, Luna."

"Scarlet told me that you were talking to your dad." Luna lead me to the kitchen. "How was your day?"

"Good," I said. "We have a lot going on. The school play is going to be a musical."

"I told her that," said Scarlet, holding my hand. "I think Glacier wants a big part."

"Yep," I said.

"And a good one you would be," said Luna. "The number of plays I saw you in at the school you went to!"

We all started talking. But my mind kept going back to what dad said. I promised him I wouldn't. But Biscuit had got to me that day. I didn't want to tell anyone what he called me. But it was very homophobic and insulting.

***

A/N:

Here is chapter 32. I hope you enjoy this book so far.