Chapter 8. Taking care of Glacier!

Elisabeth's POV:

Holding the pocket knife, I thought hard about some of the texts that Glacier sent me over summer. It hurt to know that Glacier would actually do that.

"Oh, Glace," I said as she burst in tears. "It's okay. Depression is not a laughing matter. I know how you feel. But mine is something completely different."

Glacier looked up. Her eyes were looking sticky. "I don't like doing it, you know. But when doing that, it is relief."
I sighed. "But you loose blood in the process."

"I guess." Glacier's voice was so weak. "But I can't help it, Elsa. I want nothing to be free from the pain."

I looked at her and held her close. "Glace. Listen to me."

Glacier nodded. "I'm listening."

"I went to see someone because of my depression." I admitted. "It helps a lot. Okay, i'm on medication for it. But generally, talking about things help."

Glacier nodded. "It doesn't work for me."

I tried to force myself not to kiss her. Now was not the time. "Hm. Let me think. I don't want you to do it. But I see it's your only thing to help."

"I won't take it to school," said Glacier.

"Good," I said.

I let her go and put it away safe in my lock away draw. I had my favourite things in that draw. But I couldn't let Glacier harm herself. I wanted her to be clean. But I knew that she wouldn't listen to me.

"What if I do, you know," Glacier looked nervous.

"Then I know that you had a bad day and will give you lots of hugs," I said hugging her again. "And i'll bathe it for you. Okay?"

Glacier nodded. I just wanted to support her as much as I could.

"Let's go," she said checking the time.

I nodded and put on my bag. Glacier put hers on her back and we set off.

Our tutor Miss Iceland smiled. I liked her. But Glacier didn't, for some reason.

"So, welcome to Mill Brook!" She said. "I'll be your tutor for this year."

I smiled at her politely. Glacier also did. But forcefully.

Miss Island carried on. "In our tutor group is you two, Scarlet, Winter and Midnight. I will be sure that you will be the best of friends. But for now, enjoy the two days with no other students. Because believe me, it gets busy."

Glacier nodded. "I know that from doing my two week assessment thing."

"You were in it then, weren't you, Glacier!" Said Miss Iceland.

Glacier nodded. Now I know why she didn't like her. Well sort of. I'll ask her later!

***

A/N:

Don't worry, I won't go in detail about things like Self-harming. But I will do things based round Glacier's depression. But won't go in big detail.