Chapter 10: Mrs Vicles doesn't like me.

Elisabeth's POV:

Why was Mrs Vicles looking at me like I was a creep? I don't even like it. Does she not like me?

After our cracking the code game, we were dismissed for break. Me and Glacier walked out into the grounds. I was leading her because we were not allowed canes round. Glacier looked worried.

"What's wrong, Els?" She asked. "Why were you tensed?"

"Was I?" I asked.

Glacier nodded her pretty head. "I can tell. It was the way you were talking to Mrs Vicles."

"you're hiding things from me, too, Glace!" I sighed. "But I think Vicles doesn't like me."

"Funny enough, I think that too!" Glacier sounded serious. "I was talking to Zelda and she said that she's against the LGBTQ+ community. Zelda's Pansexual. But she and Oliver are dating."

"That makes sense," I sighed. "But you seem like a celebrity."

"Are you jealous of that?" Glacier put her arm round me. "I'm sorry if it does."

I looked at her. "I guess that it is the fact you did come for a trial run."

"You are jealous," said Glacier. "Sorry!"

"Glacier," I said. "I'm not. You are taking that in the wrong way. I think it's cool that you have friends."

"Don't you have Raven?" Glacier looked at me."

"How? How do you know about Raven?" I felt confused.

Glacier smiled. "You keep forgetting I went to City Poem. I met her there one day when Kyla couldn't get her in to school for some reason."

I smiled and hugged her. "I'm not jealous. I'm happy you know people. I feel socially awkward because of ... of um."

"Your dad?" Glacier put her arm round me.

"Yeah," I said, looking at her. "He meant a lot to me. He ... he took me to work. It was my only freedom then."

"Did you ever find out what actually happened?" Glacier squeezed my hand gently.

"A car crash, right?" I said, bravely.

Glacier looked pale. "My mum. She did it. I was in the car at the time going to hospital."

"Are you blaming yourself for it?" I asked her. "You aren't to blame. I guessed because your dad kind of told me at the Family day. He let it slip."

"Still," said Glacier. "Mum was happy. She likes putting people through hell."

I hugged her. "Thanks for telling me the truth, Glacier."

I noticed Glacier looked upset. Poor thing. I will make sure she would be okay. "Glace. Don't blame yourself. You didn't know it happened."

Glacier nodded. "I know. But it still feels like it is. It was my family that hurt you forever!"

"Your mum," I said.

"She's related to me, Els!" Glacier bit her lip.

I sighed. "I know, hun. But it's not your fault."

Glacier sighed. I looked at her. "Shall we go back in? It's end of break!"

Glacier just nodded. I lead her inside. I felt bad for her. She thought it was her fault dad was dead. It was Emily Baker's fault.

***

A/N:

Here iis chapter 10