Chapter 37. Can we adopt her?

Elisabeth's POV:

Watching as Button crawled in to Glacier's lap, I couldn't help but feel happy that Glacier got along with dogs. The older girl giggled as she was licked to death by Button.

"Hi, girl," she said. "That tickles."

I smiled. "She loves you, Glacie."

"Does she like you, too?" Glacier smiled back.

I felt sad that she couldn't see my smile. It must suck to be completely blind. "Of course I do."

Button stared up at us both. She was giving me that look that clearly said pet me, too. I put out my own hand and she nuzzled it.

"Do I have to go back, Dad?" Glacier sounded upset.

"Yes," said David. "But you will be back tomorrow."

"But I don't want to go back," said Glacier.

Button could tell she was upset because she turned and nuzzled her. Glacier put her arms round her. I felt tears come out my eyes. Oh why am I crying?

"Elsa, Honey?" Asked David. "What's wrong?"

"Don't know," I admitted.

I got the Mc Donalds bag and smiled. "Glace, please eat some chicken nuggets. We can't feed Button, really!"

"Fine," said Glacier..

I smiled. "How many? I  have twenty."

"er ... ten?" Glacier sounded hesitant. "Pleasee," she added.

"Okay," I said. "Any chips?"

"No, thank you!" Said Glacier.

"Alright," I said.

I started to devide the chicken nuggets in to the bag and box. I giggled as Button started whining.

"No, girl," said Glacier. "Not for you."

"She's so adorable," I said. "Shame we can't adopt her."

"Could we adopt her?" Asked Glacier.

"Don't know," said David.

I gave the bag to glacier. "I put your ten in the bag, honey," I said.

"Okay," said Glacier.

Button nuzzled me. "What, girl?"

Button looked at my chiken nuggets.

"No, girl!" I gently scolded her.

The little whine was so cute. But I wouldn't give in. "You aren't going to get your own way," I said.

Glacier nodded, hiding her food. The dog looked so disappointed. David grinned.

"Please," we said. "Can't we ask to adopt her?"

David laughed. "You girls."

"Please," we said.

David smiled. "We'll see."

I started eating my food. So did Glacier.

"I'll go back. But I dn't want to go back," said Glacier.

"I understand why you feel like this," I said. "What happened today and yesterday does not help matters."

"Agreed," said David. "But Luna and Arianna is on today. They understand what's going on."

Glacier sighed, nibbling at her food.

"I just can't face everyone after that," she said. "Not even Scarlet."

"Do you want me to text her?" I asked. "Make sure that she is okay?"

Glacier nodded. I got out my phone and started texting Scarlet. Glacier sighed and finished her chicken nuggets. Her head was down. Poor girl. I wished I was better. But my ribs would not heal.

"Fucking hell, no girl," said Glacier suddenly.

Button wagged her tail, looking guilty at the same time as I noticed the chicken nugget in her jaws.  We both burst out in giggles.

"Naughty," I scolded the dog midway through giggles.

David grinned. "Just let her eat that one."

"Okay," we said.

The dog looked happy! That was good.

***

A/N:

Sorry this chapter was shorter. Writer's block sucks.

How did you like the chapter? And how cute is both Glisabeth and Button?