Chapter 55: happiness.

Elisabeth's POV:

"So," I said as the sisters were giggling. "What are your family truditions for Christmas?"

Glacier sighed. "Well, we have never really had a great Christmas ourselves."

"No," said Lily. "All of them involved Mum being a bitch."

"Lillian Baker," said Glacier. "Just because you are ten now, does not mean you can swear."

"Says the queen of swearing," giggled Lily as Glacier started tickling her.

"I'm sure you guys have a trudition of some sorts," I said.

"We often open presents on Dad's bed," said Glacier. "Then go downstairs to do our main ones. But often at nights, Mum usually is drunk. So she used to use me as her personal punch bag. But now she's out of the way. I think I'm going to enjoy this year."

"Same," said Lily. "And now with you with us, Els, things will be even better. Right, Glace?"

"Exactly," said Glacier. "Another thing we like doing is watching films."

"Is that your guitar, Elsa?" Asked Lily.

"Yeah," I said. "Why?"

"I'm doing it, too!" Said Lily. "It's fun."

"Yeah," I said. "Do you like it?"

"Probably not as much as singing." Lily smiled. "But it gets me out of that shithole."

"Dad said you didn't have a good day," said Glacier. "How come?"

"Let's just say someone stole my phone," said Lily.

"Shit," I said. "Did you report them?"

"I'm scared about doing that," said Lily. "But today was my last day until January now."

"Just relax here with us if you want," said Glacier. "Unless you got homework."

"If you do," I said. "Do you need help? I'm sure I can help."

"I don't," said Lily. "But thannk you for the offer."

I beckoned her over. "You know Sheherazade, right?"

Lily nodded. "One of my best friends at school. She and I get bullied a lot."

"Poor thing," I sighed. "I assume You know Danny too!"

"Yep." Said Lily. "She sticks up for the two of us. It's strange that I know a cousin of yours."

I smiled. "She probably doesn't know me."

"Danny is your cousin?" Glacier sounded shocked.

"Yes, honey." I said. "She's on the American side. The Cadence family are huge. All turned on Mum when they realised her true intentions."

"She's not in prison though," said Lily. "Danny keeps up with that. Her mum hates Diana for what she and Mum did. They wanted to find you and take you under their care for ages. But Dad said that wouldn't make sense. Dad did like your dad and promised him that whatever happens to you, he'll help."

I smiled and hugged the ten year old. "I'm so happy here. I feel safe here."

"That's good," said Lily. "And now we have Button, too, we can't get invaded."

I totally forgot that Button was in the room as she ran up and barked. Glacier was hugging the pooch and giggling as she licked her face.

"I hope Arianna does marry dad," Lily continued. "She's more friendly. She would be more protective over all of us."

I nodded. "She is already that at Mill Brook."

Glacier nodded. Still giggling as Button licked her.

***

A/N:

Aww. This is so cute!

How did you like this one?