Reinforcements have arrived

Just as planned, when the sun had set and the majority of Cougar's pride had fallen asleep, with just a few warriors awake, patrolling the area, Venicia climbed up the tree trunk that Kovu said connected to the other tree and made her way to the darkened savannah. Cougar, Isis, Viktor, Zayne, Arsenal and Maana were fast asleep in the den, Tasha was lying next to Zayne, with his paws draped over her back. She didn't move it for fear he'll wake up.

Vixen, Kusaidia, Salama and Tulivu, since they had betrayed Cougar were being held captive in a cave at the Eastern border, their judgement would come tomorrow. None of the lions or lionesses seemed to notice Venicia's surreptitious departure do they didn't suspect anything was amiss.

"How's your head?" Kovu asked Kiara as they all sat in the exact same spot that cougar had placed them in.
"It's fine," Kiara said flatly.
"Oh for King's sake how long will you give me the silent treatment? I apologized didn't I? I had no  choice, you were catching a fit this afternoon. I didn't want to do it, but I had to," Kovu said frustratedly. "And I thought you had forgiven me. Why aren't you talking to me?"

"You may have apologized, but I'm still mad at you. I have a headache be because of you, I'm at least allowed to give you the cold shoulder," Kiara said turning to face the other direction.
"Fine. Don't talk to me. Give me the silent treatment, I don't even care," Kovu said with a scoff.
"Fine. I won't talk to you," Kiara retorted.
"Fine,"
"Fine,"

"Damn. I thought those two were the ultimate power couple, who knew they could be like this," Charise whispered to Vitani.
"Yeah well everyone has their little spats every once in a while," Vitani replied.
For a while no one spoke, Kiara ignore Kovu, Kovu ignored Kiara, Charise leaned on Chad's shoulder and was slipping in and out of sleep, Frank kept looking around to see if anyone was coming, and Vitani and Marisa were awake just smuggling with each other since the night was a little cold.

"I'm sorry for knocking you unconscious without your permission," Kovu murmured after a while of total silence.
"You were trying to protect me, it's not your fault. I'm sorry I overreacted," Kiara said softly.
"Forgive me?"
"Of course. Forgive me?"
"Yes love,"

With that being said, Kiara turned and threw herself on Kovu and hugged him, laughing as she snuggled into his fur.
"See they made up, those two can never stay mad at each other for too long," Marisa said giggling.
"I wish I had someone to love me like that," Charise said wistfully.
The night passed quickly, uneventful, just everyone slipping in and out of sleep and taking turns keeping an eye out.
Venicia didn't come back that night, which meant that she was probably still searching for the Nala, Simba and everyone else.

The next morning Kovu was the first to wake up, he looked around and saw that everyone was still asleep, Frank, Chad, Charise, Vitani, Marisa and Kiara. Everyone. But when he glanced up, he saw that Cougar's army were gone.
Before he could make a move, a roar was heard. A threatening, dangerous roar. Vitani was the next to wake up. She jumped up with a start and looked frantically around.

"I think the rest of our pride has arrived," Kovu murmured.
"Let's go then. Everyone wake up!" Vitani shouted. Immediately, Chad, Charise and Frank woke up. "What's going on?" Chad asked.
"Our pride is here and Cougar's army is gone," Kovu said as he quickly roused Marisa and Kiara while Vitani raced up the steps of the platform and peeked cautiously into the den, not seeing Cougar or anyone else, she ran to the peak of Pride Rock and looked down into the savannah.

"Kovu they're in the savannah!" she yelled.
Without another word Kovu turned and ran into the savannah followed by Kiara, Chad, Charise, Frank and Marisa. Vitani took the steps two at a time and leapt down and raced after everyone else.

They ran for a while not stopping to catch a breath and once they reached the scene, they stopped and stared, horror evident.
Cougar's army was fighting the pride landers, the lionesses, the Night Pride, the Lion Guard and Venicia's leopards.
"Everyone remembers their opponents?" Vitani asked deviously.

"Steer clear of Zayne, he's mine," Kovu ordered lowly. Kiara took issue with her husband's order and turned to face him.
"Yours? Zayne mated with my sister. He's mine,"
"No he's mine!" Kovu retorted.
"He's MINE!" Kiara shouted.
"Are you kidding me right now?!" Vitani growled irritatedly.

"Alright, here's what we'll do, if you get to him first, you can have him," Kovu said with a sigh.
Kiara giggled and nudged Kovu playfully.
"And if you get to him first, he's all yours,"
"Really?"
"All is fair in love and war,"

Author's note: I'm so bad, I left you guys with a cliffhanger.
😈😈😈😈