The throne is ours

The events that followed Kovu's announcement was terrific. Everyone was overcome with joy as they moved forward to congratulate Kiara and her mate. Rafiki had decided there was no better time than the present to coronate the young couple. He asked Simba to get everyone in a circle and he requested Kiara and Kovu to sit in front with their parents.

The old monkey turned to them and took a fruit from the heap he had brought with him. The fruit was a brilliant red  with a yellow streak across it.  Rafiki broke it and dipped a finger in, he stepped up and spread the red substance across Kovu and Kiara's foreheads. Then he took some red dust and sprinkled it over the marks.

Then he turned to Kovu.
"As King of the Pride Lands, do you solemnly swear to protect, preserve and guide your kingdom with all things right? Do you solemnly swear to pass judgement with fairness, equality, nobility and unbiased thinking? Do you solemnly swear to follow the rules and uphold the laws of this fair land and protect it with your life?" 

"I solemnly swear to do so with honour, strenght and respect. I shall protect my kingdom with my life and follow the rules, uphold the laws and pass judgement with fairness, equality, nobility and unbiased thinking." Kovu said this with all the honesty and humility he possessed. Rafiki nodded and moved on to Kiara.

"As Queen of the Pride Lands, do you solemnly swear to protect, preserve and guide your kingdom with all things right? Do you solemnly swear to pass judgement with fairness, equality, nobility and unbiased thinking? Do you solemnly swear to follow the rules and uphold the laws of this fair land and protect it with your life?" 

Kiara glanced at Kovu and he smiled encouragingly, she nodded and turned back to Rafiki. "I solemnly swear to do so with honour, strenght and respect. I shall protect my kingdom with my life and follow the rules, uphold the laws and pass judgement with fairness, equality, nobility and unbiased thinking."

Rafiki smiled and shook his staff over their heads just as he had done with Nala and Simba. After they had said their swears, Kiara and Kovu sought the blessings of their elders. First came Sarabi, then Sarafina, Simba, Nala, Burnt Eboney, Diana and finally Rafiki.  Suddenly a gust of wind blew and Rafiki looked up to the sky where Mufasa was looking down at them.

He understood what was to be done. It was time for Kovu to roar and the couple to be crowned. He signalled for silence and when he had it, motioned for Kovu to come forth.
"It is time," he said softly.
Kovu gazed at the peak of Pride Rock and then back at Rafiki his green eyes flashed panic. Rafiki spoke words of encouragement and Kovu calmed significantly. 

The pride gathered behind and watched in anticipation as Kovu climbed the peak of Pride Rock, his mane blowing in the breeze. When the young lion reached where he was going, he gazed back and his eyes landed on Simba, the older lion sensed what Kovu was experiencing and nodded.

Kovu understood and turned to face the horizon, the panic and uncertainty gone. The next instant passed in a blur. Kovu roared as loud as he could, his roar carried out and rang throughout the Pride Lands, letting every animal within hearing distance know they had a new King.

The lionesses roared after as they accepted Kovu as their King, their protector. Kovu stepped down and Kiaraa stood beside him and together they faced the pride, smiles on their faces. There was another gust of wind and a flight of doves flew in a circle above the heads of the lions. Rafiki shook his staff and turned around and with vigour in his voice he said,
"I give you, King Kovu  and Queen Kiara!"

 Author's Note

Alright a short but sweet chapter. Kovu and Kiara are now the new King and Queen of the Pride Lands, they have sworn to protect their kingdom with their lives, let's see how well they live up to their promise. You guys are awesome, thank you so much for everything. Love you all sooo much!