Explanations

Kiara felt tears coming to her eyes as she watched Kovu, Vitani and Marisa hug their parents. "Mom Dad would you like us to show you the Pride Lands?" Kovu asked after they had spent several minutes hugging their parents.

"It would please us both very much to see where my darling children lived for all their lives," the lioness who's name was Diana said smiling as she turned to her mate who's name was Burnt Eboney.
At this sentence, Kovu, Vitani and Marisa stopped and their smiles disappeared to be replaced with with sad expressions.

"Mom when Zira took us from you and Dad, we were raised in the outlands. A barren, dry, termite infested place where there was barely any food or water," Marisa said.
"When Scar died Simba and Nala exiled us because we were loyal to him."

"Who's Scar?" asked Diana confusedly.
"Well," Kovu was hesitant to answer.
"Go ahead and explain Kovu," said Simba sensing Kovu's trepidation.
"Thanks Simba. Well Mom, let me tell you and Dad everything. Beginning to end."

"And then Zira fell off the cliff, and died in the rushing waters." Kovu finished explaining everything to his open mouthed parents.
"Good grief, have you and your sister been through all of this alone?" asked Diana tears falling down her face.
They nodded sadly and Diana and Burnt Ebony reached out and gave their children a tight, comforting hug.

Kiara, who was listening to the explanation gicen, although she was trying her best to hold her tears in, could do so no longer. "I'm so sorry," she sobbed.
"I was a horrible friend to them. I was so helpless when Kovu was exiled, I couldn't do anything to help him I'm sorry."

Diana being the affectionate mother she was couldn't bear to see Kiara cry like that so she reached out to give her a hug and a small kiss on her cheeks.
"You don't have to be sorry Kiara. You helped them in the end didn't you?. That's quite enough for me," she said.

Kiara was deeply grateful and when Diana had let her go, she stood next to Kovu and put her head under his neck and nuzzled him tenderly. Diana noticed this and chuckled softly.
"Well son it looks like you made quite the impression on this pretty lioness. She's blushing so much," she said teasingly.
"Sure Mom, she and I have somewhat of a...special connection," Kovu said smiling.