Kiara's Amazing Idea

Whilst the pride members chatted about the latest events, Kiara rounded up Kovu, Vitani and Marisa.
"Okay you guys listen up," Kiara said grinning ear to ear.
"I have a great idea. One that will get the pride lunch and one that will impress your parents, and they'll feel so proud of you guys, it'll be a great first impression."

"We're listening," said Vitani raising her eyebrows and smirking.
"Ok so here's the plan. Vitani, you'll go inside and suggest that the pride get something to eat, then  Marisa you'll go and find a herd of  buffalo and Kovu, you've got the easy part," said Kiara smiling.

"And what's that?" asked Kovu tilting his head to the right.
"Oh you'll find out," said Kiara, grinning. "Okay Vitani go get everyone, Marisa, find the herd. Go, go, go!"
The two lionesses nodded and went off to carry out their requests.
Vitani arrived at the den in record time. Diana was just finishing up a conversation with Nala, when she strolled in.

"Hi Mom," said Vitani with a smile.
"Hello honey how are you?" asked Diana as she turned to her daughter her red eyes twinkling.  "Just fine. Hey Mom  I was just  wondering if you and Dad were hungry?"
"Maybe a little bit," said Diana. "Great, let's go get something to eat then, I'll get Marisa. You bring Dad," Vitani said as she ran out of the den and bounded down the steps where  Marisa was seen at the very bottom.

"Operation getting, Mom and Dad outside is successful," the violet eyed  lioness said.
"Great the buffalo is right around the corner," Marisa told her. When the pride came outside several minutes later after getting word from Nala, they found Kiara and Kovu sleeping on a rock.

Simba cleared his throat but received no response. He did it again still no response.  "Time for the hunt!" he shouted.
That worked splendidly. Their eyes shot open and they stood up startled by the sound of Simba's shout.
"It's time for the hunt," Nala said, amused at the manner in which Kovu held her daughter.

As if on cue, Marisa raced forward and announced that the buffalos were grazing in the savannah. The lionesses got into position and when they were close enough, they pounced, the herd, startled by the threat's approach, scattered leaving a few of the weaker ones behind. The lionesses reacted and jumped on a single male that had a limp and wrestled it to the ground. Vitani and Marisa attacked the throat and after a few minutes of the buffalo's feeble attempt to escape, it died, overwhelmed and exhausted.

Diana and Burnt Eboney stood by watching as their daughters played the part of suffocating the prey and expressed pride in the manner in which the attack took place. They're amazing, I wasn't even that we'll put together then I was their age," Diana said. Kiara smiled to herself as everyone went down to where the dead buffalo laid.

"You're fur is shining rather radiantly this afternoon Kiara," Kovu said as he licked her cheek.
"Oh really? Thank you," she said blushing.
"It's true, it's so sleek and well groomed. And pretty," Kovu said as he and Kiara walked down the small incline with Diana, Burnt Eboney, Nala and Simba.

"You're too kind," Kiara said playfully.
"Kind or honest?"
"Aww the both if you look so sweet together," Diana said laughing.
"Everyone says that she and I were practically meant to be together from the very beginning," Kovu bragged.

"You were sure of yourself weren't you?" Simba asked suspiciously.
Kovu stopped and prepared to give an explanation but the look on Simba's face changed his mind.
"Maybe just a little," he whispered to Nala who rolled her eyes and started to laugh.