Missing them already

Diana was sitting in the den alone shedding tears. These weren't tears of pain, misery or anger not even happiness.
These were tears of sadness and lonesomeness. She was missing her babies terribly. Kovu and Kiara were off on a honeymoon, having fun and enjoying the place to themselves.

She still had her daughters but they weren't of much help because they had their major mood swings. They were also missing Kovu, but didn't want to admit it out loud.
"You look how I feel," murmured a voice.
Diana turned around and saw Nala standing there. She smiled, glad to have someone who shared her pain.

"It's gonna be alright Dian, they'll be home soon enough," said Nala soothingly stroking her friend's back.
"It's just that I'm really missing them; my son your daughter. At least they're together and that's all that matters right?" she asked hopefully.

Nala nodded and smiled reassuringly but Diana could see that tears were threatening to fall from her bluish eyes. It was no surprise she also missed her daughter. A mother when separated from her children could never be happy until they were close to her.
As they lay there in the coolness of the den, they talked about what their first honeymoon was like.

"Wait, wait wait!" said Diana laughing. "So you mean to tell me that when you and Simba were in the jungle for your honeymoon Timon and Puumba were there to make sure you didn't do anything naughty?"
Nala nodded and Diana broke into a fit if laughter.
"I got tired of their constant nagging and pushiness and I eventually got rid of them," said Nala with a smirk.

"How?" questioned Diana.
"I told Timon that his mother wanted him to come back home so he and Puumba could get rid of the insect infestation they were facing,"
"And," probed Diana eagerly.
"Of course there weren't any insects. I just wanted them to leave so Simba and I could finish our honeymoon in peace. But when they came back, we were long gone; they were seething when they found out we lied." shrieked Nala.

Diana was laughing so hard that tears were falling down her face.
When the giggles died down. Diana went back to feeling sad.
"I don't know Nala. I guess I'll just have to deal with it until they come home," she sighed.
Nala patted her shoulder and lay down next to her friend and for the first time since she was there, Nala allowed herself to cry.

Seeing Nala cry, triggered Diana's tears and before long, the room that was once filled with jokes, laughs and giggles was consumed with sadness, tears and mourns. Nala and Diana were missing their children. Kiara and Kovu were married, on their honeymoon and having fun. They were happy. But the maternal longing that their mother's had for them shunned that thought away.