Chapter 2: Today

"Wake the hell up!" Someone yelled in my ear. I groaned and moved my arm to wave them off. I rolled back under my covers and pulled it under my neck. Then, they were yanked from under me. My body was exposed to the cold air. I winced and went to grab the nearest thing to me. I went my body around a long, narrow thing. It groaned under me.

"Fucking wake up," The voice screamed again. "It's 5:45!" My eyes shut opened and looked around the room. My body was wrapped around Matthias, who stared at the ceiling. His eyes were bloodshot.

I jumped from the bed. I ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth, but I was stopped by the sudden movement. My head ached and throbbed as I moved. I breathed in and out, trying to stable myself.

"Did we finish off that bottle?" I said, trying to adjust to the bathroom light.

"Yes, we did, and it was fun, but I regret every moment," Matt said as he rolled back under the covers.

"No, get up," Sasha pulled the covers again and walked into the bathroom. She began pulling at my hair. I closed my eyes and swayed. "We need to sober her up."

I shook my head and mumbled, "I'll be fine. I feel fine." I washed my face and looked back up to see myself.

I don't like when my hair is a flat iron

I don't like when my hair is a flat iron. I like how it was: kinky and untamed, but I had to this to get any job I want.

By the time I finished in the bathroom, Matt was already throwing outfits together, placing items I don't wear anymore on the bed.

Either the shirt was too small or not professional, nothing fit the occasion. Matt threw jeans my way, but I mumbled 'no' before digging deeper into the closet. I needed up pulling out a dress I bought years ago but never wore.

"That's cute

"That's cute. Wear that." Sasha said, pulling heels from under my bed. I sighed and shook my head, "I can't wear heels. Not with this headache."

"I thought you said you were fine," Matt mumbled, taking my foot and shoved it into the shoe. Sasha did the same.

"It's 5 minutes to 6. We are not going to make it."

"I'll call and reschedule," I reached for the phone. "It's not like I won't find another small role tomorrow."