Chapter 6: You Owe Me

⚡️Chris⚡️

Y/N and I trended on Twitter as #1 and #2. The hashtags were beyond what expected, and I was prepared to see it trend on black Twitter.

They did not disappoint.

"Chris," Ruthie groaned through the phone as I ignored every word she said. Instead, my eyes scanned the screen for more jokes about my name or edited pictures of me wearing durags. Of course, I saved a few. Some I could send Anthony later. He would die to have these, seeing as he doesn't know how to work social media.

"Are you even listening?" I snapped back to reality. I nodded and placed the phone between my ear and shoulder.

"Yes, I'm listening." As I said, I wasn't.

"Great," She mumbled. "Y/N is waiting. Don't disappoint me." The phone call ended.

Quickly, I stopped washing dishes and smiled. I won't lie. Y/N piqued my interest. She gave off this vibe that I wanted to get to know. Obviously, she had layers, everyone has layers, but she had this depth to her that I wanted to uncover.

I really hope that wasn't weird.

I threw on a blue shirt with jeans. I tucked my hair in the blue hat and went over to Dodger's bed. I bent down to give him a kiss on the head and a quick stomach rub. Eagerly, he licked my hand. I picked up my keys and walked outside. I placed on my shades and walked down the street.

The office was a few blocks from my rented apartment, so I didn't mind taking the walk there

The office was a few blocks from my rented apartment, so I didn't mind taking the walk there. By the time I made it there, Y/N and Ruthie stood outside talking. I walked up to the ladies and said, "Well, aren't you a sight for sore eyes." I mumbled while smiling at Y/N.

She scrunched up her nose and smiled back, which caused Ruthie to roll her eyes. "Please, Chris," Ruthie pulled Y/N to her side. "Don't flirt with your castmates. It's not professional."

I rolled my eyes as Y/N huffed. "I can handle myself."

Y/N hit her purse and threw her finger guns in the air. "I'm packing." I held my laugher and looked over at me. "I told you she was feisty." Ruthie walked back into the building and left the two of us alone. Y/N stared up at me with a smile and a hand playing in her hair. It looked too soft to touch, but I held my hand. It was definitely inappropriate to touch someone without asking.

"You owe me dinner," I said bluntly as I could, throwing my hand on my hip. Y/N stared at me before shaking her head.

"I thought you were joking." She asked while walking past me. I caught a whiff of her presume, and it smelt like I just backstroked into Heaven.

I hope that's not weird. Again.

I shook my head and walked after her. She rounded the corner and pulled out her key fob. Horns went off in the parking lot, so I followed the noise.