Chapter 27: The Way Home

Chris POV

I like her. A lot. More than I've ever liked someone within knowing them for 3 months. Y/N was loving and gentle, something that can be faked in this industry. She cared about herself and the people around her, and that's what I'm attracted to. Not to mention, she is gorgeous, and she holds herself up to that standard. I've never seen her settle for someone or something that made her look different. Even with the new publicity, she stays herself. Something that's not that simple.

And when she and Anthony gush over Louisiana for the 5th time, and I realized she may never forget where she came from, and that's good.

"I booked the hotel rooms, and we have the whole floor to ourselves," Anthony mentioned. She grinned and turned to Sasha, "I'm gonna sleep my life away the whole time."

I rolled my eyes, "What's the point of going on this mini-vacation if you're going to sleep the entire time?"

"Why?" She looked at me, smirking, "Do you have any other plans?" I licked my lips and picked up some of her clothes putting them in her bag. While everyone continued talking, I gripped her butt, causing a small gasp to come from her. She hit my shoulder and zipped up her case.

"Keep your hands to yourself for the trip." I kissed my teeth and leaned over her shoulder, "Or what? What're you going to do about it?"

She looked over her shoulder at me, darting her eyes past me and back again. "You walking on thin ice, Chris," Y/N warned again, but I rolled my eyes, reaching past her to grab her bag. "You said that like I'm supposed to scare."

I walked over to Matt and Seb, "I'm going to put the bags in the truck if y'all want to come help." They nodded and grabbed the girls' bags. I went back to grab Y/N's bag, but she was already walking to the trunk, eyeing me. I swear this girl wants to pick a fight with me. I just want to help her out.

I placed the bags in the back of the truck, 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe. We needed a trunk that could fit 8 people, and that was the only thing available. Y/N placed her things beside mine and walked back into the house with Seb. "You know you're not going to be able to handle her," Matt said, turning to look at me.

I nodded after figuring out he was talking about Y/N. "I can handle her." Matt laughed and patted me on the back, "You think that, but you don't know her the way I do. She crazy, man."

I nodded and turned to him while I walked back into the house, "Trust me. I can handle her."

"Are we ready to leave?" I asked. Everyone nodded and walked to the car. "Alright, seating arrangements!" Y/N yelled. "Driver: Chris. Passenger seat: Mackie. Seb, Cass, and I are in the 1st row. Lauren, Sasha, and Matt are in the 2nd row. Any questions?"

"Anthony, trade places with Y/N," I said, hitting his shoulder with a smile. He rolled his eyes and nodded. "Well, I don't want to sit near Matt," Sasha yelled.

Y/N sighed, "Driver: Chris. Passenger: Me. Cass, Lauren, and Sasha will be 1st row. The boys will take back row. No one else complains about where you sitting because I don't care to change it." She threw them a glare before they nodded and jumped into the car. "Can we get food though?" Seb asked. Y/N nodded to him and looked back at me.

"Why do I feel like we're gonna become their parents for the trip?" I asked, turning on the car and pulling out of her driveway. "Because we will be."

______________

From Atlanta to New Orleans, it was a 6-hour drive, which meant for 6 hours, I was stuck in the car with my best friends and the woman I liked best friends. Within the first 3 hours, I began t wonder whether or not I was going to survive the trip.

"I keep me a gun on me because you never know who out here plotting." Sasha laughed and high five Anthony, "She's right. You might be walking into Dunkin Donuts, and then boom, it's your last day on Earth because you weren't packing." He added.

"No, ya'll are just crazy," Cass mumbled, "No one in their right mind thinks about getting killed or killing someone every day. You going to prison."

Seb laughed, "Why carry guns if you know how to fight? Personally, I would rather fight." I nodded, "I'm with Seb on this one. I would kindly beat someone's ass instead of killing them."

"Now, Mr. Pacifist," Anthony laughed, "Don't make me expose you in this car." Anthony whipped out his phone with a chuckled. Then, he shoved it in my face. "Remember this?"

Y/N gasped and took the phone in her hand

Y/N gasped and took the phone in her hand. Laughing, she looked at me and pointed. I rolled my eyes, "Delete that. I don't want every one to know about my gangster phase."

"So, like what if they have a gun?" Lauren added, and it was probably the first time I've heard her voice in the last 3 hours. "I can disarm them easily."

"OK, Chris," Y/N rolled her eyes at me, "Not all of us are Captain America. Pull that shit in the right life, and you getting killed." She mumbled, making everyone laugh. I hit her thigh, "Baby, I am Captain America. No one can do it like me. No offense, Anthony. You're going to do great."

Anthony sighed, "Man, let's be honest. I'm the best thing that's going to happen to the Captain America title."

"Please, if it wasn't for Bucky, I wouldn't even have watched any of the Captain America movies." Matt said, dapping Seb up, "Let's be honest: he was destroying y'all on the highway. I'm sticking to my statement: Winter Soldier is strong than Cap."

Y/N huffed, "I know you lying. Steve didn't use his full strength because it was his friend." I nodded to her, "That's what I was saying. Cap is the strongest."

"Now," She laughed, "I didn't say that. You are not the strongest." She shook her head, "It's Wanda."

"What about Thor and Captain Marvel?" Cass asked, leaning up and frowning. Y/N pushed her back lightly, "Wanda would absolutely destroy their ass." Matt chuckled, "Man, all you have to do to defeat Wanda is dangle a fake Vision in her face,  and she crumbling."

As they continued to argue about the strongest, I stopped the truck in a parking lot of Target, seeing as we were running low on snacks. I turned the car off as everyone emptied it and left. Yet, Y/N stayed in the car, flipping through contacts on her phone, noticing her finger lingering over "Mom".

"Do you still have family in Lousiana? If you don't mind me asking, of course."  She looked at me, eyes softening and then smiling. I returned the smile. "My dad died when I was a kid, and I was the only child. Sasha and Cass with the only I had in New Orleans."

"What about your mom?" She looked down at the phone and bit her bottom lip. "Um, she's there still. I probably going to visit when we make it."

I nodded and sat back in the seat. She sighed and chuckled. I turned my head to her and asked, "What?"

"I think Cap is strong," She nodded with a smile, "Not stronger than Wanda, but he's pretty strong." I smiled and nodded. "Keep that mindset, and you might make it into Marvel." She shook her head.