Chapter 38: To Make Matters Worse

Chris managed to find me, slipping into my dressing room with his manager, Alexandra. Ruthie was on FaceTime with me, trying her best not to get angry. Not only did the pictures come out of nowhere, but my follower count was dropping like crazy, and were angry at me for no reason.

"Is that Chris? Chris, what the hell?" Ruthie asked before I could even answer. "It doesn't even look like we're kissing." He said, zooming in on the picture.

"Of course it doesn't," Alexandra added, "It looked like you're searching for gold in each other's mouth with your tongue." I winced and covered my face, "Oh my gosh, I'm gonna be labeled a hoe."

Chris placed a hand on my shoulder, "At least, you're my hoe."

"You are not making this any better, Chris!"

Lauren cleared her throat and placed the IPad back into my hands.

I thought the pictures were deleted and forgotten

I thought the pictures were deleted and forgotten. Proof that nothing gets deleted off the internet. I shook my head, showing the tweet to Alexandra.

"Dear Jesus, we need a miracle."

Chris smacked his lips, "What if? Hear me out. We just let this play out. See where it goes, and if it gets worse, then we'll address it."

"That is quite literally the worst plan I've ever heard," Ruthie pinched the bridge of her nose before sighing deeply, "But it's the only plan until I can get those pictures deleted and stop the news articles from being made."

I nodded. Alexandra said, "Until then, you two are not to be seen in public together. Your interviews are to remain professional, meaning no flirting of any sort. Chris," She frowned at him, "Can I trust you to keep your hands to yourself?"

He nodded slowly before looking at me, "I am professional. It's her we need to worry about." I rolled my eyes and hid my smile, "Do you ever act like an adult?" He smirked back and shook his head.

Ruthie sighed, "God help us all." She hung up and Alexandra and Lauren went to work on fixing the situation. As the door close, Chris took my laptop and began typing on it until he was on Twitter looking at us trending.

"They think I broke up you and Collins." I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, well we're both at fault there."

"Look at this one."