Chapter 4: Life Moves Fast

Chris planted his number in my phone 20 minutes before I left the building, giggling the entire time. He even pulled me into a picture with him. I tried my best to smile gracefully, but it ended up looking like I was drunk. Hell, I might as well be. I went through 2 bottles of champagne while everyone bragged about the roles they managed to pull before this one. I couldn't even find a good commercial to star in.

So, when they came to me, I shook my head and said, "This is my first real jig. Only shitty commercial before this."

Veronica laughed, her head resting on Chris's shoulder. She looked back over at me and mumbled, "How can you afford to live here then? Omg, are you an OnlyFans girl?"

I narrowed my eyes at her. I should just laugh that shit off.

"No," I smiled back at the group. "I work at a bar south of here. It's pretty cool if you like bets on who's gonna win the weekly bar fights." I chuckled to myself and a few people did the same.

"Oh no. It's too ghetto for-" Veronica couldn't even finish her sentence before Ruthie elbowed her. My eyes wandered elsewhere. I locked eyes with Chris. He smiled and shook his head. I stared back in confusion. He only shook his head again.

It had been hours later before I left

It had been hours later before I left. It was so nice to meet all my castmates and connect with some. I would occasionally be pulled in for a picture, or have Ruthie stuff food in my face. I must have tried everything on the table because of her. I think I already love her.

The evening air hit me in my face like a ball. I wrapped my arms around myself and walked to the car. Sasha had left it for me and ubered home. I pulled out the keys when my name was being called, "Y/N!" I turned to see a tired Chris Evans running out of the building. I opened the car door and threw my purse to the passenger seat.

"Hey," I said. "What's up?"

"A couple of people were planning a dinner tomorrow. Just a few of us. You should come." Chris smiled and looked around.  "Maybe after we could go to that bar of yours."

A group of people came out the door and call for Chris. Ruthie came after them and began to walk my way. I glanced back over at Chris. His eyebrows furrowed. Frustrated wrinkles lined his face, making it seem like he was angrier than he was. He sighed and mumbled something under his breath. Before I could ask what was wrong, he mumbled a goodbye and walked away.

I didn't ponder on it for too long because Ruthie was walking up to me.

"So, I got you Twitter and Instagram set up. Then, I convinced the producers to give me a two weeks delay for filming," She pushed a box my way before continuing. "In those two weeks, we're going to do interviews and build up your fanbase. You need to learn everything you can about your character, so you can answer any questions."

What did I send myself up for?

"Also, did you say anything homophobic, racist, sexist, etc on any of your old social media? I need to know now, so if it does get to the public we can control it."