Chapter 42: Three Little Words

Chris

It's been a couple of days. Y/N and her old neighbors cleared out the house while Quinn and I hung out. I tried to help, but it was like she didn't want me around. I didn't want to look into it a lot. I just wanted her to know I was going to be there for her through it all.

Y/N was dead to the world. Her hair was ushed against her face and her lips were slightly parted. She was still gorgeous. I smiled to myself as she lightly snored and crawled up under the covers. I shifted to the left so that she had enough space. Slowly, I moved from the bed and tiptoed across the room. Grabbing my sweatshirt, I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

I looked at the clock: 3:30 A.M.

Today was the day. Mama LeBlanc's funeral was set at 7:30 A.M. today. Even though I only met her twice, I still felt loss. Y/N put everything together and paid for it out of her pockets, even though I told her not to. The woman was stubborn, but I love her, so I look past it.

I grabbed a glass and poured myself some water and grabbed a family-sized bag of chips. I admit it was healthy, but I was hungry, and I had to get started cooking soon, so I need the energy.

Y/N's patted footsteps came across the floor. Her cold hands snaked around my waist. Then, she ran them under my sweatshirt. I gasped at the sudden coldness to my skin.

"It's cold." She mumbled against my back. I chuckled, "I've noticed." I turned around to see her in my sweatpants and a crop top. She noticed my looking and rolled her eyes, "What's yours is mine." She mumbled and swayed her hips at me.

I nodded and turned back around, digging in the bag of chips and throwing some into my mouth. "Why are you up?" She yawned, stretching. "I need to start cooking for today," I mumbled back in a hushed tone. Her eyes fell and nodded. I watched as she jumped on the counter and rubbed her eyes. I walked in between her knees and pull her face closer to me. She looked me in the eyes with a small smile.

"What's going on in your head?" I whispered.

Y/N took a moment before giggling, "If you knew, you would run for the hills." I put out my bottom lip in thought and said, "I don't know. You got me wrapped around your finger."

I kissed her chin and then her lips. She deepened the kiss, pushing her hands through my hair and tugging on the ends a little. I placed my hands on either side of her thigh and rubbed them slowly.

She pulled away first for air, resting her forehead against mine. I did the same.

This would be the perfect time to tell her, Chris. Just say it. I love you. 3 words. Nothing more.

"We should start cooking, right?" She asked, looking up at me with heavy eyes.

Moment passed.

I nodded, "Yeah, and you should get sleep." I kissed her cheek, picked her up effortlessly, and put her down. "It's 4. You're up. I'm up. Might as well cook together." I nodded and began pulling out pots and pans.
————————
Y/N

Quinn brushed against my hand, squeezing my thumb. I rubbed his hand and put my hand on his back.

The funeral was almost over. Several people spoke over Mama LeBlanc's life. Good stories and life lessons.

And, now it was my turn. I didn't write something the night before. Even if I tried, there would be nothing to say to cover how everyone felt in this moment. The preacher gestured to me and said, "Now, we're going to hear something from Mama LeBlanc's little star, Y/N."

Quinn let go of my hand and smiled. Chris, being a gentleman, walked me to the church stage. I thanked him silently and cleared my throat.

"I don't think any of us saw this day coming. Some of us thought Mama LeBlanc was gonna out live us all," Everyone laughed. "I wish she did though. I still have alot of life lessons to learn and questions to asks. Only she had the answers."