Chapter 32: Secret Beginnings

Chris

As I drove to our meeting place, Y/N hummed along with the music. My eyes were focused on her instead of the road. As the music played, she looked out the window and nodded her head. My voice cracking, I said, "I don't know if I told you, but you look incredible. Really nice.". Taking a deep breath, I rubbed my head.

"You have - twice now since we got in the car." Y/N greeted me with a smile I've seen a hundred times, but I still felt my stomach tightening and a lump in my throat rising. My eyes swung back to the road as I nodded.

Y/N chuckled, "Am I making you nervous, Chris?" Her hand slid down my shoulder, pressing on my bicep. So I had a chance to see her when I stopped at a red light. My eyes narrowed before I smiled.

I asked, "Can you blame me?". Y/N hummed in agreement. Getting off the main highway, I then pulled into a small business. Turning to look at her, I turned off the car. "Can you wait here for a moment?"

She smiled sweetly and answered, "Of course. Getting out of the car, I approached one of the workers. "Hey," I introduced myself,

Is everything set up, like the table?"

As he nodded, the worker said, "Yes sir, and you're completely alone."

I nodded and appreciation, thanking him and walking back to the car. I walked over to the passenger and opened the car door for Y/N. She grabbed her purse from behind her and mumbled, "Thank you." She wrapped her arm around mine.

The worker pointed us in the direction of our table.

As Y/N's face lit up, I watched in awe. On her way to her seat, she brushed her hands against the lights. Observing her movements, I followed her. My hand reached into the basket and pulled out a bottle of wine. In a joking tone, I asked, "I heard you already had three shots. Do you think you need some wine?"

She chuckled as I poured her glass halfway and said, "I'm no lightweight." I nodded, "Yeah right." She smiled. I did the same thing to mine and set the wine down again. Her beauty stuns me. I glanced across the table with admiration in my eyes. Her gaze shifted to me, and she shook her head. Then, she raised her glass to her lips, drinking from it.

Come on, Chris. You do it. Three words: I like you. It shouldn't be that difficult since you already said it.

I muttered cowardly, "Well, how is Collins' situation?"

"It's better than expected." Y/N smirked, "but people think I broke up with him because of you." Her eyes sparkled. "I mean the date is just evidence."As I blinked and rolled my eyes at her, I sarcastically responded, "What? This isn't anything... It's a friendly date."

"Really," She laid a hand on her chest, "But you're being so romantic." With a huff, I waved her away. "Take it back."