Chapter 20: Six Flags Pt.2

Y/N's pov

I sat on the tailgate of Collin's trunk. Covering my face with my hands, I felt like I could have a full breakdown right here. I sighed and leaned back, pulling out my phone. I had been texting Sasha all day to avoid Collins. Ever since last night, he's been watching me like a hawk, saying slick shit under his breath and judging me. I haven't told Sasha what he did yet. I just miss them and really need them as friends.

"Hey, stranger," I turned to see Scott smiling down at me. "Here's some Tylenol and water." I thanked him and took it. Then, I moved over some, allowing some space so he could sit down. "You don't have to tell me what's wrong. We literally just met and are technically strangers, "He laughed, "But, it's better than holding it in all day long. That can be tiring." I nodded, "I know it's tiring." I sighed and thought for a moment before saying anything.

"Sometimes, this life feels rushed. I mean one minute, I was serving alcohol and trying to stop my best friend from table dancing, and now I'm a lead role in "Hollywood's Biggest Movie". I'm grateful for it, and this is what I want. "

"But," Scott continued for me, "It's moving too fast. Everyone gets like this. The best you can do is keeping moving forward with it. Chris was the same way." I looked at Scott with a squinted looked. "Chris was like this? Yeah right. He handles everything so well. He's literally Captain America. Everyone loves him. He doesn't have to worry about fucking up and people hating him."

"Yes, he does," Scott admitted, "Before fully stepping into that role, he went through tons of therapy. He denied it almost 6 times. Chris has terrible anxiety when it comes to stuff like this. He's just really good at hiding it." Scott looked behind him and then back at me. 

"He would kill me if I told you this. It was the night of the Oscars, and he had to present by himself. He was freaking out so bad that I had to pull Scarlett Johansson from the crowd to calm him down. Then, he begged her to go up there with him." I chuckled a little bit. "But, eventually, he started to work on it. He got better, and you can too."

I nodded and leaned back on my elbows, "This stuff with Collins is tiring as well." Scott nodded, "Chris told me about that too. All I have to say is you should be happy with whoever you want to be happy with. If it's not working out for you, don't stay. Who cares with what everyone else got to say."

I sighed. If only it was that easy. 

"Thanks, Scott. Really, I needed that." I hugged him. I got off of the truck and fixed my dress. "It's fine. What can I say? I'm good with my words." I laughed and walked back with him to the park. It was getting darker out and the lights were coming on, which made everything better. 

We walked back over to where Chris was taking pictures with fans. 

They swarmed him, laughing and talking all at once

They swarmed him, laughing and talking all at once. He looked up at me and smiled. Then, he waved bye to the girls. He walked over, "Good to see you got over the headache."