Chapter 1: Tomorrow

Kelly's Place housed around 30 drunks before closing. Out of those 30 drunks, only 23 paid, which meant that the other 7 had a tab so big that it could pay for the rent of the building.

But those 7 didn't pay their tabs. So, I had to pick up extra shifts to help pay for the bar and pay for my bills at the same time.

Well, I didn't have to.

Matthias's family bought this property a hundred years ago either it meant to be a bar or a pharmacy. Every generation made this building a business, but for the last 10 years or so, it's been a bar. If the bar slipped from under Matthias, I don't think he would have a reason to live anymore.

"Y/N," He called from the liquor room. I handed the bottle to Sasha, my best friend. I pushed the door open and walked to the back of the room.

Matthias stood by the phone with his back turned towards me. He was average height, a little taller than me maybe. He had a light complexion than me, but people always though we were siblings. Both of us were black with natural thick hair, but his hair was more relaxed. He played football in high school, so he was naturally buffer than me.

I, on the other hand, am a chubby 5'4, loud mouthed adult. Well, at least, I called myself an adult, seeing as I'm 29. Everyone else says I'm still a child.

"It's for you, babe." He turned towards me, handing me the phone. I took it quickly, watching him as he walked to the wall, leaning against it.

"Hello," I called out to the caller on the phone. A cheery voice came over on the speaker and said, "Hi, is this Y/N Y/L/N?"

I nodded but quickly spoke up. "Yeah. This is she."

There were a sigh. Then, I realized with the sigh was for. "I'm calling to inform you about your audition tape. The company thinks it's amazing, but-"

"But I'm not who you're looking for. I understand. Thank you for giving me this opportunity." I smiled over at Matt, who looked between me and the floor.

There were a semi long pause on the phone before the lady spoke again. "Technically, I'm not supposed to do this, but if you really want this, I could send your audition tape to a couple of producers." She stopped, clicking on her keyboard.

"I have a meeting tomorrow morning at 6. A couple of big names with be there. I'll send you the address. Be there." The lady hung up the phone quickly.

I blinked for a second and put the phone back on the hook. I cleared my throat and looked Matt way again.

"I didn't get the part," I started, "But I'm meeting her tomorrow for something big." Matt grinned my way before leaning off the wall. He walked to my side and locked arms with me.

"Well, let's celebrate for that."

He dragged me out of the room and opened the door before throwing his hands in the air.

"Ladies, gentlemen, and Sasha," Sasha stuck up her middle finger. "Our beloved Y/N is going to Hollywood."

The bar erupted with cheers and laughter. Everyone stood from their chairs, pulling me into the crowd. I was passed around with hugs and cheek kisses. I shook my head and stood a chair, getting everyone's attention.

"I'm not famous yet. I don't even know if this is a real jig. So, save your applause-"

"Let's still get drunk!" Someone yelled from the crowd, and it erupted it again with cheers.