Chapter 21: Filming Day

5 missed calls and 3 messages from Collins. 2 missed calls and 1 message from Chris. I couldn't be bothered to even answer them. Let alone, look at them. Honestly, I was ready to forget yesterday's happened and move on, but I was not apologizing because I didn't do anything wrong.

I locked the door to the rental house and walked to the car. My phone started to ring and for once, I looked at the ID. It was Chris.

"Hello," I answered, placing my bag in the passenger seat and starting the car. "Good morning," Chris mumbled back, yawning. "I was just calling, making sure you are coming today."

"I am. I actually have a job to do." I chuckled. There was a little shuffling on the other end of the phone, before Chris cleared his throat, "So, are we gonna talk about yesterday?" I shook my head, "I really don't want to."

Chris hummed, "Well, I'm getting some breakfast. Do you want anything?"

"Nah, I'm good. Thanks though. So, what are we doing today anyway." I asked, pulling up to a red light and throwing on the brakes. I forget that LA has very different traffic, so driving in Atlanta was a lot more calming. "Just some filming in public. Probably our action scenes."

"But, I haven't trained for stuff like that," I mumbled. "They'll have your stunt double do most stuff. Then, Taika will probably work with you one on one." Chris began talking to someone else, ordering donuts and coffee.

"Donuts? This really in the morning?" He laughed, "It's for the crew. They deserve something good to snack on while watching us make a fool of ourselves."

Chris was thoughtful and kind. That was hard to find in someone these days. It's nice that he does it so effortlessly.

"Y/N, I do have to ask you something though. Completely out of context of what happened yesterday."

"I'm listening." I trailed on, pulling into the parking lot of the filming area. "I have an ASP event coming up soon, and I would if you went as my... date."

Chris had a company called A Starting Point, which helped younger people understand what was happening in the government, and the company gave back to the community. I wasn't into politics like he was, but he was...a friend, so I couldn't tell him no. Yet, that doesn't mean I would go either especially with what's happening with Collins.

"I'll have to think about it, but thank you for the offer." I mumbled, "I don't mean to cut this conversation short, but I have to go get my makeup and hair down."

"Ok. I'll see you when I get there." I smiled and mumbled bye. I hung up the phone and placed it in my purse. I got out of the car and walked over to my trailer. As soon as I opened it, I was bombarded with the smell of fresh roses. My bed was filled with roses and a box of chocolate in the center. I rolled my eyes, knowing that it was from Collins, and threw the flowers away. I placed the box on my table and walked outside to the Hair and Makeup trailer.

Carla, one of the stylists, leaped into my arms as I walked up the steps. "Argh, I've missed you. I get tired of styling the same hairdo." She frowned and motioned to a chair marked with Veronica's name.

I chuckled and sat down in mine. Carla placed her hands in my hair and played with it for a second before saying, "I kinda like the natural look today, and they really didn't say what they wanted." She said, referring to the costume designer.

I nodded, "Maybe, you could part it in the middle, making the front slick and the back puffy." I explained poorly, but Carla nodded and immediately grabbed the comb and brush.

After hours of washing, drying, and styling my hair, she stepped back and smiled.