Chapter 8: Interviews and Invitations

My alarm sounded around 4:50. I needed to be up early to get my hair done and pick outfits for today's interviews. As I stumbled through the dark apartment, I turned on a couple of lights. I grabbed my robe from the chair and slipped it on. A groan came from my bed. Sasha turned over and mumbled.

"What you said?" I asked, moving the pillow that was over her head. She groaned again. I smiled to myself. I pulled the covers back and slapped her ass. The hit sounded off, and another groan came from the living room. I looked down at Sasha as she winced.

I walked into the living room. I turned on the lights to see Matt and Sean laying on my floor.

"When did y'all find the time to sneak into my apartment?" I kicked Matt's leg. He rolled over and smiled up at me. Sean stretched upwards and looked at me.

"Ain't you a little exposed?"

I tied my rob together and rolled my eyes

I tied my rob together and rolled my eyes. "Seeing as this my house, I can wear what I feel comfortable in." I turned on more lights. Then, Sasha came from my room. She scratched her head and looked over at me. I glanced over at Sean. She gasped and ran to him. They wrapped their hands around each other and kissed.

Matt walked over to me and whispered, "They make me wanna shot myself."

I rolled my eyes. "I'll use it after you." I walked out of the kitchen and back into the bedroom. I grabbed my phone sent Ruthie a quick message saying I was getting ready, seeing as she was sending a company car to pick me up.

Sasha followed me into the bathroom. She took the bonnet off my head. I scratched my head and stared into the mirror. "You want me to curl it or live it straight?" Sasha asked as she began to brush my hair. "Curl it please."

After a while, Matt and Sean came into the room. They both sat on the floor facing the bathroom. "Hey Alexa," Matt yelled. The Alexa on my nightstand turned on. "Play Crybaby by Megan Thee Stallion."

I grinned at the song turned on. Sasha began to dance beside me. I pulled out my phone and record her twerking. She sang the lyrics and went back to curling my hair. I looked over and Matt was also twerking. He popped his back to the beat and I laughed so hard that Sasha almost burnt me.

"What we doing for your birthday?" Matt asked. "Shit. I might be working, and we can't close the bar down that night." I mumbled. Then, Sasha said, "We can have a get-together at the bar that night. That why we still making money and having fun." I looked at Matt, and he nodded.

"Won't you be 40 something?" Sean asked. I stared down at him and falsely smiled. "I'll be 30." He nodded and rolled his eyes. "30-year-old virgin. Just like the movie." I took off my slipper and threw it at him while he laughed.
"Nothing about me spell virgin. Ain't you a virgin cause every time I turn around, I hear you complaining about not getting none."

The room fell silent as we continue to stare at each other. "Aight, fuck you." He mumbled. "You wish."

After a few more songs played, Sasha was feathering out my hair.