58

[ c a t c h i n g   u p ]

The guys kind of disappeared and Travis and i wondered back towards a room.
"Wait where are you going?" I asked him confused.
"I have a room here. Wait did you not know that i..?"
"What.?" I asked confused.
"Lets just talk in the room." Travis said, continuing to walk. I followed him. Ive been walking for awhile so i sat down on his bed and he joined me. "So what happened? Are you okay, Trav?" I asked, looking over at him. He glanced down then up at me nervously.
"Wow, i didn't expect it to be so hard to talk about.." He started, tearing up. I grabbed his hand and he continued after looking up and hoping the tears wouldn't start already. "I knew you collapsed because it was on the news, dad turned the channel on. And I just... couldn't take it. I felt like you did that because of me and the last thing that happened between us was you thinking i called you a mistake and i never got to say sorry. So, i went out the same way dad did."
"You overdosed..?" I asked softly, scared to hurt him.
He nodded.
"Demon said he wants you to explain yourself and that he's mad at you for leaving a box of camels in the house."
"Understandable.. Well yeah i guess i should explain huh.? I.. i started having nightmares that you were telling me to end my life, a different way every night, and thats when i stopped sleeping. When we split i started smoking. And thinking about it now it was so stupid of me to leave those with you. I stopped eating all the way when we split because i had no motivation to do anything." I explained. I felt Travis's eyes on me the whole time. I hoped he didn't hate me for anything i said.
"This is not the time to say this, but Demon wants me to let you know that he really wants you to get better so he can kiss you again because he missed you and thought you were dead as much as i did." Travis kind of rolled his eyes, i guess it was exhausting to have two different personalities in your head all the time.
"If he wants a kiss then he can get one since you did." I chuckled a bit. I saw Travis roll his eyes but was smiling, as if laughing at Demon's excitement. I watched him change into Demon, the grey skinned, horned creature was sitting next to me.
"Don't ever scare us like that again or ill kill you myself." He said sternly, grabbing the collar of my hospital gown, then he pulled me in and kissed me. I kissed him back. I loved that he loved me as much Travis did. He pulled back first, "Glad to see youre okay, and that youre back. He doesn't want to admit it but we really missed you." Demon explained before turning back into Travis. I smiled to myself while I studied my white haired lover in front of me.
"What are you looking at?" He asked blushing.
"You.. So, does this mean were friends again?" I asked, looking from my lap back to him.
Travis blinked twice and a smile appeared across his face, "I reckon it does." I smiled too and hugged him once more tightly.
"I suppose i should go back to my room before a nurse or my mom freaks out." I said, starting to stand up. He nodded.
"Yeah, get some rest, you probably need it." He said finally looking at how thin my legs and arms were due to malnutrition, he didn't say anything about it though.
"Ill be alright, you need rest too." I explained to him. I saw him grab his phone and lay back on his bed. I smiled, leaving the room and closing the door behind me. Garroth was there in the hallway waiting for me. He startled me a tad but i was thankful he waited for me. He looked down at me with a smile.
"Thank you so much, Garroth.." Is all i could think of saying. There were so many thoughts swarming my head right now it was spinning.
"Don't mention it." He said and took me back to my room. Mom was worried and scolded both of us.
"Where were you boys?! You could have gotten in trouble and you scared me half to death!"
"Mom, it's okay- Gene, Dante and i put together a surprise for Zane; i didn't tell you because it was super important."
"Oh- wait are you saying i cant keep a surprise?" She said flustered.
"Well im not naming any names here." He said putting his hands up, obviously messing with her. It made me giggle. They went to bed in the chairs again, i couldn't sleep i was too excited to go back and see Travis the next morning. My phone went off as soon as i started playing music in my earbuds.
Travis: hey you awake?
Me: yeah, why are you up still?
Travis: cant sleep. So, what do you want to talk about?
Me: life when we leave this place sounds nice.
Travis: yeah about that, can we finish the house when we dip? It still isn't done and it's bothering me so much haha
Me: of course we can finish painting. Im sure we could do other things to it due to lucys magic if you wanted something. All we have to do is ask.
Travis: awesome, cant wait. So, what are you doing tomorrow?? Thinking maybe we can hang out or something
I could feel the sarcasm through the phone, the tone we often used when flirting.
Me: i think im busy for a bit, probably being sent to a loony bin for a lot of things. But maybe ill have time to squeeze you into my so busy schedule
Travis: that is so kind of you id love that. Tbh, i think im being sent off to a rehab center, wouldn't it be crazy if they were the same place??
Me: It def would be but i doubt that considering the nurses probably know we were the ones that caused this disaster in the first place.
Travis: do you really think they know?
Me: idk, prolly not but there is still a good chance were going across the country to get better so we wont see each other again.
Travis: to get better for you im willing to wait..