61

I was becoming aware. I heard small meows and a petite paw touch my face lightly. I opened my eyes to sunlight and Neptune in my face trying to wake me up.
"Hello missy.. I just got you and youre already waking me up?" I sat up and watched her start playing, trying to attack my hand. I held it up for her to mess with and grab onto, trying to bite me but it didn't really hurt, i just chuckled at her already chaotic behavior. Travis was up and out of bed already. He wasn't in my room so i'm not sure where he was. It was quite relieving that I slept without any terrible nightmares though. I was diagnosed with the fear of sleeping, which is called somniphobia. I put Neptune on the ground and started walking down the stairs. She followed me like we were attached at the hip- well she would be attached to my ankle because of her height right now. I spotted my white haired lover sitting at the counter while my mom was standing on the other side of the counter leaning over it.
"Good morning, Zuzu~" Mom said smiling at me. I rubbed my eyes and smiled slightly.
"Good morning everyone." 
"I see you have a shadow already." Travis said looking down behind me. I chuckled and leaned against the counter like my mom did, but I was standing next to Travis.
"How did you sleep?" Mom asked, putting her oven mitt on and waiting for the 1 minute to end. I watched the timer countdown. What is she making in the oven so early?
"I slept pretty good actually. What about you?" My hair was in my face so I shook my head a bit to try and see. I felt like one of those new e-boys on tiktok, only I was a real emo. She opened the oven door as she answered and placed the pan of freshly baked cinnamon rolls on top of the oven.
"I slept good thank you, hunny. Are you going to eat?" She asked drizzling icing over the rolls. I was eyeballing them the entire time she talked. I hesitated but they smelled so good, and anything was better than the food i had been getting for months. 
Travis, mom and i sat down to eat breakfast and catch up on some things.
"I was wondering if we could go over to the house and start painting again? Dante and Gene said they would come help. Is that alright?" Travis asked while i was eating. For almost losing my life to not eating i was consuming two cinnamon rolls with no issues. I wasn't fully okay with my body yet but i was doing better. I still had gender and body dysphoria there was nothing i could do about that. I was saving up money on my own for top surgery, and also making sure it's what i want and i have to say i think it is. As easy as it would be to ask mom for financial help with paying for top surgery, i want to do this on my own.
"As long as i know the boys are there with you, i'm okay with it." She said. Then she gave us our medication. We both took them without any fuss and then went back to my room to get ready.
"So, what are your plans for the house?" I ask starting to change in front of my closet with my back to Travis. I put my binder on and got into my painting sweatshirt with my painting overalls. They were my mom's old jeans that I rolled up and have so many paint stains on because i only use them to paint since overalls aren't really my style. Travis was getting dressed as well so I wanted for him to say when he was done to turn around. 
"Well, i was thinking we start with paint. I don't want to use everyone's money if im just going to sell it for college.." He let me know he was ready and we sat on the bed for a moment talking about it.
"You planning to go far for college?" I asked surprised. I didn't know he was thinking about this at all. Before everything happened we didn't really talk much about college or leaving each other's side. It must have been a thought he created when he was recovering. 
"I'm not sure, i really liked the desert area i was in but i have no idea what i'd even go for. I can't exactly go to college to play piano so i might just go to a simple two year college locally and work after." He started, "I never actually thought about college before. I didn't think i would ever get out of any of the situations i was put in as a child to make it to college. When i got into high school i was always told we couldn't afford for me to go to college, and piano isn't going to make me money, so i ditched that idea a long time ago. But honestly, it might be worth looking into again.. now that im on my own and all." 
"Well, that isn't such a bad idea. You could always make music and make some money from doing music videos on YouTube and also work. I think you should do what you want to now that you can decide for yourself. If you want, i could get an apartment and if you chose to go locally you could live with me."  I explained getting my converse on and grabbing my phone.
"That sounds really nice, thank you Zane. I'll have to give it more thought though. Ill tell Dante were on our way." Travis started texting his blue haired friend as we walked downstairs, changing the subject quickly. He seemed to be recovering really well. Some part of me was jealous as hell of that...  Mom drove us to Travis's house. Dante and Gene were standing outside waiting for us so she dropped us off.
"Hey guys, ready to get back to work?" Gene asked.
"Yeah i think we are. Let's go inside so i can talk plans with you guys. Now, im no woman so my judgement may not be as good when it comes to decorations and renovations- but maybe Lucinda could help us with some things. I think if we paint all the ways with a warm gray, we can use a lot of fun colors to decorate with. I want to get new flooring instead of that old, gross-looking carpet. To make things fun we could go to Lows or something to pick out what we want and have Lucinda buy it all with her magic money but it's up to you guys if you want to make the trip." Travis explained. I thought that sounded fun, a trip to the city meant Starbucks and it's been forever since i had it. I texted Lucinda to ask if she wanted to help with the trip and design. 

Me: hey girl, wanna help with some designing??
Lucy: with what? the house? of course i do!
Me: yeah the house lol. Also do you maybe want to drive us to Lows to pick out some stuff then maybe ya know buy it with your magic moneyyyyy???
Lucy: sure loves anything for my favorite bitches ❤️
Me: thank you mommy. Gene and Dante are here too. Mom wouldn't let us come over here alone. Im honestly surprised Travis can come back here and be okay.. 
Lucy: me too but im glad he is feeling better. BUT my car my rules so tell the boys that. And were getting coffee.
Me: you don't have to argue with me about getting coffee. Ill let them know and see you soon.
Lucy xoxo muah see you soon.
Me: muah

"Lucinda is down for helping us. She'll probably be here soon." I said putting my phone in my pocket. We all started painting while music played in the background. I pulled my hair back in a messy bun. Now that my hair was super long, the majority of it went back in the hair tie, not just my bangs. I felt Gene stare at me, "Nice hair. It suits you." He said and smiled at me. It caused Dante and Travis to look as well. I saw Travis blush a bit and then nod in agreement.
"Thank you." Just then Lucinda teleported to the house all dressed up in some worn clothes and her long, orange hair in a messy bun.
"Hello, boys. So spill the tea on the plans you have for the house." She said watching us paint. Travis started on his ideas again. "Well until I see it I'm not quite sure. I don't want you to feel like i'm using you for money either-" Luy cut him off.
"Hunny you can never make me feel like you're using me for money. I buy anything and everything just because I can. I say we redo the entire house but that's up to you." She explained. Travis got excited, "Really?"
"Of course love! Ive always wanted to do this so lets do it! The only magic were using by the way is to pay for it all. Were doing the labor ourselves." She explained looking at Dante and Gene.
"What why?" Dante whined.
"Because using too much magic for something like that can and will drain me. Plus where is the fun in that? I might as well buy him a new house then."
"Is that why you nap so much?" Travis asked suddenly. That comment made me chuckle. She nodded not being ashamed at all. It was true she napped a lot. So getting coffee after using enough magic to make thousands, if not billions, of dollars to buy everything she wanted for this house was a must. 
"I will need coffee before we go into the store because i did teleport a whole car here for you." So here we were, Gene in his almost torn to shreds jeans and his cut off tee shirt, Dante in his jeans and a tee shirt, Travis in some painting overalls that i lended him and a tee shirt, Lucinda in her baggy jeans and black band tee and her messy bun. Then there was me, my painting sweatshirt and painting overalls rolled at the bottom. I thought Travis was adorable in my jeans though, oh my god I couldn't stop staring at him.
"Alright, if we're ready, to the car, nerds!" Lucinda said, making sure she had her phone and keys. When we got into the car the seating arrangement was Dante behind Lucy, Travis in the middle and me behind Gene in the front seat.
"Alright my cars my rules. Vapes allowed, do not touch any of my things unless youre Zane, and we listen to my music unless i ask for someone else to say a song." She explained starting to drive to the city. We listened to Ashnikko, Lucinda was jamming out and everyone else looked concerned. I listened to this music with her and it made me feel so powerful and i wasn't even a full female.. Lucinda calls it women empowerment music and she was right but just singing it makes me feel pretty good too. I looked out the window for the most part while Dante and Travis talked. I was mostly lost in my thoughts, 50% thinking about the large caramel frappe i wanted and the other half how Travis and i are kind of not together again quite yet. I wonder why Demon has been so quiet recently? Maybe they don't like me anymore.. It had been awhile since weve seen each other.. Either way we were going to have fun in Lows looking at all the tile and light fixtures and just everything else home related they had there. I knew they had plants and succulents so at some point i was heading out their greenhouse with or without everyone else.

We drove through the starbucks line and we all got some type of coffee, Dante and Gene dont really drink coffee so they got iced coffees to try it out. Then Lucy drove us over to Lows to start searching.