54

[ t h i s   i s   i t . . . i s n t   i t ? ] 
[ triggers: without giving this chapter away, previous triggers are mentioned in this chapter, and i'd consider it to be heavy ] 

I turned the tv on to distract my mind from Zane, which randomly changed channels to the news.
"Dad im not in the mood for games.. I-" I stopped and listened as Phoenix Drop High appeared on the tv with the reporter standing outside. The lady reporting the weather stopped and talked to the woman standing outside in front of the school. "We seem to be getting an emergency report, what's going on at Phoenix Drop High School right now?"
"Well it seems that a student has passed out, and im understanding the cause is in fact malnutrition and not the water pipes, which why I was originally here; to talk about the school's water filter system causing issues in teens, but an emergency with a student just occured right before we went live. Two police arrived at the scene following the ambulance. The student is believed to Zane RoMeave. We have a few students here who witnessed it all. Aphmau you said your name was? Can you tell us what you saw in there?"
"Yes.. Zane was really pale and- and.. wobbly and shaking.. He just collapsed in the hallway-"
"I see. Do you know what could have caused this? Do you think he was being abused at home?"
"No.. no not at all. His mother is extremely kind she would never abuse him like this. He's been missing a few weeks of school, rumor was him and another student were going through something serious, and he was ordered to bedrest."
"Are you implying Zane RoMeave, the son of the huge, family-owned, cheerful real estate company tried killing himself?" 

Earlier. . .

Lucinda teleported me home after I stopped crying, and unfortunately she explained a lot of the situation to my mom. When I went down the stairs to greet my working mother.
"Zane.. can we speak for a moment.?"
"Is this about yesterday?" I asked almost nervous. She nodded, so i took a seat at the island.
"Zane, sweetheart.. are you alright.?"
"Yeah mom, im okay as i can be while dealing with a broken heart. I mean Lucy helped last night but im still upset about it."
"I know you are sweetie. We have to keep in mind Travis has been through a lot within these past three months.. And maybe he wasn't even talking about you, ya know?"
"I guess. Lets just go with that." I said slouching on the counter. "I think im gonna go paint something.." I said to my mom, getting up and going back to my room. I lied just so i could get away of course. I put my earbuds in and laid there on my bed, looking up at the ceiling again.
25 minutes passed of purely listening to screamo music and laying there, staring at the same spot of my ceiling. My phone vibrated, I picked it up and looked at the notification, noticing my hand was shaking profusely. I could feel myself getting weaker by the hour. I was sniffling from the immune system in my body not existing anymore.
Aph: hey nugget.. I want to apologize to you, im sorry for being weirded out when Garroth posted that you were transgender. I shouldn't have reacted that way and I miss you a lot. do you forgive me??
Me: idk.. u were the only one I had for such a long time. your reaction was exactly why I never told you before.
Aph: that's understandable and that's why im sorry
Me: ig it's fine. Ill be back at school tomorrow.
I had no intentions of going back but I couldn't stay home anymore. I couldn't rot away in my room.. Since i wasn't protecting Travis, i was just sitting here.

At supper I decided to bring it up with mom and Garroth. "so.. because I am not longer looking after Travis.. do you think im good to finish off the spring semester in school?" It made my mom stop eating and look at me.
"You think youre ready to go back? What about your sleep schedule, hunny? You haven't slept in days I assume." She caught me there, going to school while being weak and tired would be difficult but I almost don't need sleep anymore.
"Ill be fine I promise. Can I go tomorrow?" I ask, I felt Garroth look at me concerned but I made it look like I didn't acknowledge it.
"I suppose that's alright.. please be careful then. Come home early if you need to."
"I will mom." I said giving her a fake smile. Maybe if I seemed interested in going to school, id trick my brain into trying to live again.. Then again high school is the place that made me want to not be alive. Either way, going through this roller coaster that is life is not the same without Travis now. I have to act like i never got my colors back..