☂︎ CHAPTER FIVE :: serene ☂︎

Taehyung sat on his bed, after taking a shower, and rubbed the towel on his wet hair, trying to dry it. He let out a tiny grunt, as his body was still sore. He snatched the towel and tossed it onto the bed.

He moved his gaze to the nightstand, where he saw a photo frame of him and his mother when Taehyung was 13 years old. On the Polaroid, his mother was kissing his cheek, while Taehyung looked sheepishly at the camera.

He reached for the photo frame and took it in his hands, a small sigh escaped his lips as he ran his thumb on his mother face on the Polaroid, "Everything would be bearable if you were here now, but you just have to die on me. . . don't you?" He closed his eyes and tightly held the photo frame to his chest, suddenly longing to embrace his mother.

He shook his head, mumbling 'don't cry' under his breath as a massive lump formed on his throat and his eyes misted up with tears. He hasn't cried in four years, and he didn't even cry after his mother died. It was as though he had become numb to everything.

His phone started ringing. He opened his eyes and placed the photo frame back on the night stand. He immediately grabbed his phone, that was lying on the bed, His eyes bulged open when he read the caller ID.

'Jimin'

"Jimin?" Taehyung frowned. How was Jimin number saved on his phone? His bit his lips and his eyes widened in realization. Right, he saved his number on his phone two years back for a project, but why was Jimin calling him?

He groaned and rolled his eyes as he denied the call, but before he could toss the phone back on the bed, it began to ring again. It was Jimin. He took up the phone and held it to his ears, letting out a frustrated groan, "Why the fuck are you calling me, Jimin?!"

"Jungkookieeee~" He can hear banging of music in the background, "I'm not Jungkook! Wait are you drunk or something?" he heard a whine coming from the phone, "Come *hiccups* p-pick me up jungkoo- *hiccups*" Taehyung facepalmed, "If you want Jungkook to pick you up, you should've called him, you dumbass"

"W-What are you *hiccups* t-talking about. . . ? j-just *hiccups* pick me up" Taehyung rolled his eyes, "No I won't" He was about to hang up when Jimin spoke again, "Y-you *hiccups* such a dick, just like that dickhead. . .  Taehyung" Taehyung raised his eyebrows, as he laughed sarcastically.

'Unlike you, I have humanity!'

Jimin words from the morning started ringing in his head, He smacked himself on the back of his head, "Where are you?" Jimin didn't reply, "S-someone party" Taehyung sighed, "And does that 'someone' has a name?"

"M-Min ho"

"Alright, just wait there, I'll be there"

"This is why I love you, Jungkook" Taehyung hanged up the call, as he looked at his phone, he shook his head in disbelief, "Hey, did he seriously call me thinking I'm Jungkook?" He stood up and grabbed his jacket that was slinging on the chair.

He strolled over to the nightstand, grabbed his vehicle keys, and exited the house. After what seemed like twenty minutes, he drove up in front of Min Ho's house, the loud music could be heard from outside making Taehyung roll his eyes. He isn't into partying and considers it to be a waste of time.

He looked out of his car to find the raven-haired male waiting outside with a tiny pout on his lips and his black hair hanging on his forehead. Taehyung groaned as he repeatedly pressed the car horn, but it didn't reach Jimin's ears due to the loud music coming from inside.