☂︎ CHAPTER THIRTEEN :: saved ☂︎

Tw: abuse.

"Your room looks nice." Jimin said as he helped Taehyung sit on his bed. Taehyung rolled his eyes, "You're acting as if you've never seen my room before." Jimin shrugged, "I mean it's not the first time, but still it looks good" Taehyung chuckled, "Yeah sure."

Suddenly they heard a door slamming sound coming from downstairs, Jimin looked at Taehyung who started growing tense, his adam apple bobbed up and down, his fist clenched, "Tae-"

"TAEHYUNG! YOU PATHETIC PIECE OF SHIT!" A loud voice rang in the house and Jimin jumped, flinching slightly, "GET YOUR USELESS ASS DOWNSTAIRS DOWN NOW!" Taehyung ran his hands on his hair, "Shit shit shit!" He cursed, "Taehyung is that. . .?" Taehyung looked at Jimin and promptly nodded. He wasn't scared for him; he was scared for Jimin. Taehyung has no idea what he'd do to Jimin if he saw him. He jumped up right away, disregarding the pain in his ribs as he grabbed Jimin by the shoulder, who was stunned, "Listen up, no matter what. . . I mean, whatever happens, don't come down, okay? Stay here!"

"Taehyung, no, please, let me call the cops! We can get out of here, please, no." Jimin pleaded, but Taehyung shook his head, "It's pointless to contact the cops here, Jimin. he'll come out some way or the other. Just stay here, please, don't come down." Taehyung said before he stumbled out of his room, leaving a scared Jimin behind.

Taehyung went downstairs, and with each step, his entire body began to feel like shit, but he ignored it. He found his father, who was enraged, standing in the living room. Taehyung kept a neutral expression on his face, disguising his pain on the inside as he made his way to him, inwardly begging that Jimin doesn't come down.

His father seized his hair, and Taehyung let out a painful grunt, "WHO GAVE YOU THE RIGHT TO SKIP SCHOOL?!" Taehyung let out a sarcastic laugh, "For the record, I pay my own school fees, so I don't really need your permission." He watched his father glare deepening, "Shut up!" He spat out. Taehyung spat on his face, "Fuck off!"

That was the final straw. Taehyung's father slammed him to the ground, his head hit the edge of the table before sliding to the ground, his eyesight blurred, and the pain in his ribs didn't help. Taehyung let out a painful scream when his father kicked him hard on his stomach. The blonde whimpered as he curled into a ball and gripped his stomach. Blood started dripping from the back of his head since he hit his head on the table when his dad shoved him.

But his father didn't stop there; he grabbed the Taehyung by the shirt and began punching his face, muttering the words 'pathetic' in between as Taehyung did nothing to stop the male, all he could see was black dots, every part of his body hurt, and he mentally screamed at his father to stop, his eyes radiating so much pain. The last thing he saw was his mother's face flashing across his head before his eyesight went entirely dark.

Meanwhile, Jimin was restless in Taehyung's room as he heard Taehyung's shouts and the sound of things shattering. His heart constricted every time he heard Taehyung scream. He looked around the room and noticed a flower vase on the nightstand. He muttered, 'fuck it,' before taking the vase and fleeing his room, against Taehyung's request, but Jimin didn't care since he couldn't just sit when he could genuinely help the younger.

He dashed to the steps and quickly came to a halt. His heart sank as he found Taehyung unconscious, blood streaming from his mouth, lips, and head. His father reached for a knife in his hands. Jimin's eyes widened as his hold on the vase tightened, and he dashed toward the man, who was completely unconscious of Jimin's presence.

Jimin swung the vase and smacked the man head with all of his strength, his face set in a frown as he gritted his teeth. He saw Taehyung father grasp his head before collapsing unconscious on the ground. Jimin exhaled deeply as the grasp on the vase loosened and it plummeted to the ground, shattering into fragments.

His attention averted to the blonde who laid unconscious on the floor. Jimin heart clenched at the sight of the male. He walked to Taehyung and slumped down near him, "T-Taehyung. . .? Hey. . . Wake up please!" He gently slapped Taehyung's face, and tears welled up in his eyes when he realized how helpless he was. He instantly took out his phone and dialed both the cops and the ambulance.

Next, he scrolled down on his phone contacts, He immediately dialed Yoongi, who picked up after 4 rings, "Hello?" His voice came out raspy, "Yoongi. . ." Jimin choked out, "Jimin? What's wrong? Is everything okay?" Jimin could hear the worry on the elder voice, "N-No, it's Taehyung. . . Just come to his house, please. . . I don't know what to do." He heard some shuffling in the background, "I'll be there in ten minutes" With that, Jimin hanged up and looked at Taehyung again.

"Taehyung please. . .  just wake up, please." He shook him slightly, "Please just wake up. . .  say something, scold me, yell at me. . . just do whatever, but please wake up. Don't be like this. You are scaring me." Jimin clenched his eyes shut, and Taehyung let out a little whimper. Jimin instantly opened his eyes to look at Taehyung, who had a pained expression on his face, "Taehyung?"

Taehyung let out a cough, before opening his eyes, "J-Jimin?" He spoke out, "I t-told you not to c-com-" Jimin placed his hands on Taehyung mouth, shushing him, "Enough, don't strain yourself I called the ambulance, you'll be fine." Taehyung let out a painful chuckle, "I'm f-fine"

"You're not fine, Taehyung." Jimin said. Taehyung sighed, "Is my d-dad gone. . .?" A faint frown etched Jimin's lips as he gazed at the unconscious man beside them. Taehyung cocked his head in the direction Jimin was staring. His eyes widened when he saw his father unconscious, "W-What ha-happened to him. . .?" Jimin sighed, looking back at Taehyung, "I hit him with the vase. . ."

Taehyung looked back at Jimin, "He had a knife in his hands and it looked like he was going to stab you. . . I couldn't just sit and watch. . . So, I smacked him with the vase. . ." a small sigh escaped the Taehyung lips, "Hey. . . don't feel bad, it's okay, you saved me. . ."

Before Jimin could say anything, they heard the ambulance sirens, "Once again was calling ambulance necessary?" Jimin nodded, rolling his eyes, "Yes, now shut up." The door flew open, as the paramedics rushed in with the stretchers. Jimin pulled away as they hoisted Taehyung and placed him on the stretchers, wheeling the stretchers out and into the ambulance.

At the same time, he saw the cop's car pulling over, Few officers got out and made their way to the scene, Jimin hands were trembling on his side, "Were you the one who called the cops?" one of officer asked and Jimin nodded, "Yes, sir, it was me." The officer nodded, "Can you please tell me what exactly happened?" and so Jimin did, Taehyung told him not to call the cops but he had no choice but to do it, he can't just sit and watch.

On the corner of his eyes, he saw Yoongi running toward him, "Jimin!" Jimin and the officers looked at the ink haired male, Yoongi greeted the officers, "Are you both the boy's friends?" The both males nodded, Yoongi looked at the ambulance worriedly before looking at the cops, "His father is abusive, I advised him to go to cops but he always refused, but this is getting out of hands, just please do something"

"Don't worry, your friend will be fine. We just need to examine the boy's house and question the boy before taking any actions." Jimin sighed while Yoongi nodded, one of the paramedics walked to the both males, "Do any of you guys wants to come with us?" Jimin looked at Yoongi, "You go ahead, I'll stay here since they want to examine the house." Jimin nodded before walking into the ambulance.

▬▬

1416 words. 

Edited.