☂︎ CHAPTER FOURTEEN :: fine ☂︎

"Didn't I warn you not to contact the cops?" Taehyung raised his voice, making Jimin flinch, "I can't just stand by and watch you get battered to death, Tae." Taehyung scoffed, "It's really not that difficult! Why in the world do you care if I die?!"

Jimin raised his eyebrows, "You are my friend, so of course I-"

"The heck with this friendship!" Taehyung sniggered, his face plastered into a glare, "This is why I didn't want to be friends with you in the first place! Just because I said we could start anew doesn't give you the right to intrude in my life, Park Jimin!" Jimin's heart sank as he heard the younger man's words, hurt blazing in his eyes. Who am I kidding? Of course, I know this would happen! 

He got off the seat, glaring at Taehyung who was laying on the hospital bed, glaring right at him, "You know what? It's my fault. I'm sorry for caring too much! But I saved you, Kim Taehyung, and you are being a total ass about it! I hope you realize it one day. I'm leaving, call me when you decide not to be an ass."

With that, he stomped out of the hospital room.  Taehyung let out an angry grunt and swung the pillow towards the wall. He wasn't upset with Jimin. No, not at all, but he was anxious because his father saw Jimin's face; he presumably knows he ended up in jail because of Jimin, and he's afraid of what he'll do to Jimin when he gets out.

He was frustrated and he took it out on Jimin, who just helped him, "fucking perfect." he pulled his hair in despair. He has to get this sorted out before things go out of hand. He flung the covers aside and sat up, heedless of the pain in his body. He dragged his legs to the door, his face scrunched in pain, and stepped out, hoping to find Jimin.

He kept searching but he was nowhere to find, "Ugh, Jimin where the hell did you go for a minute?" he let out a sigh as he made his way to the hospital garden, the only place he hasn't looked for. If Jimin ain't there, he probably left. He mentally prayed to find Jimin in the garden.

As if god answered his prayers. . .

He found Jimin sitting on the bench, his face buried in his hands. Taehyung sighed and walked up to Jimin, pain coursing through his body, but he ignored it again, he needed to fix this. Jimin heard footsteps and raised his head to see Taehyung staggering toward him. His eyes widened, and he sprung to his feet and dashed toward Taehyung, "Hey, what the hell are you doing out of the bed?"

He helped Taehyung sit down, and Taehyung groaned in pain, slightly, "Does it hurt?" Jimin asked worriedly, his anger vanishing suddenly, "I'm sorry" Taehyung spoke up, his voice barely above a whisper. Jimin eyes widened, before starting to slap his ears.

Taehyung raised his eyebrows, "What are you doing?" Jimin continued hitting his ears, "I suppose something is wrong with my hearing because I swear I heard you apologize." Taehyung rolled his eyes, "That's because I did." Jimin stopped his actions, and stared at Taehyung, a small smirk tugging on his lips, "Wow, is Kim Taehyung actually apologizing to me?"

"Ugh, shut up, I regret it already." Jimin's throat rumbled with a tiny chuckle, sending chills up Taehyung's spine. He looked at Jimin, who was still giggling, and took that opportunity to study the elder's features. Taehyung spotted Jimin's freckles on his cheeks and thought it was cute. Jimin had his hair slid to the side, his raven hair rested on his temples, and a few strands of his hair fell on Jimin's eyes. Taehyung's eyes widened when he realized he was thinking Jimin was cute, and he mentally smacked himself.

He shook his head slightly and tilted his head, staring at the ground, "It's okay, by the way." Jimin spoke up after he was done with chuckling. Taehyung nodded, still looking at the ground, "It's not okay. I was just frustrated and I guess I took it out on you." He spoke up, his voice came out low and deep.

"If I were you, I would be, too." Taehyung was taken aback by Jimin's sweet voice. Taehyung was used to Jimin's voice being high and harsh, but he had no idea it could be this gentle. He eventually glanced at Jimin, whose eyes bore into his, his eyes holding a tremendous emotion that terrified the hell out of him.

Worry.

Who would have guessed Park Jimin would be worried about him? It was unexpected to see the elder worried about him; perhaps that's why everyone says expecting the unexpected. But how long will Jimin continue to stay? How long would it take for him to hate him once more? These were the two questions that sprung into his head.

"Are you okay? You are staring." Jimin spoke up, snapping Taehyung out of his thoughts, "Eh- yeah, I'm fine." He nodded immediately. Jimin was unconvinced, but he let it slide, "So, are you going to come to the tour next week?" Jimin questioned, getting Taehyung confused, "What tour?"

"Oh yeah, you didn't come to school. . . but our school arranging a tour to Daegu next week, interested students can go." Taehyung eyes lightened up when he heard the place name, Daegu, "Daegu is my birthplace." Taehyung chuckled, Jimin looked at him, "Really?" Taehyung hummed in reply.

"You should come then!" Taehyung looked at him, "I don't know. . .  are you going?" Jimin nodded, "It will be fun, so why not? I think you should go. I mean, don't you want to forget this all mess and enjoy your life for once?"

Taehyung considered it. He wanted to go away from this disaster and forget about it all for a while, but will it be enough? Will it be okay to forget about it for a while? Taehyung stared at Jimin, who was waiting for Taehyung's response.

"Fine, I'll go"

-

1038 words

Who do you think will fall first? Jimin or taehyung?

Edited.