☂︎ CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT :: smile ☂︎

Taehyung stared at Jimin, who had been strangely silent the entire time. Taehyung offered Jimin to drop him off at his house, and Jimin consented, but he was unusually silent, which made Taehyung concerned about what was going on in the elder's thoughts. He soon pulled over in front of Jimin's house. Jimin mumbled a small 'thank you' as he started removing his seat belts.

"What's wrong?" A small sigh escaped his lips as he removed his seatbelts and turned on his seat slightly, so he could face Jimin who looked at him questioningly, "Nothing's wrong." Taehyung rolled his eyes, "Yeah, and I'm a potato. Just tell me what's wrong Jimin."

"You are what's wrong, Taehyung" Jimin sighed, looking away making Taehyung raise his eyebrows, "Me?" Jimin glared at him, "Yes, you!" Taehyung looked at him questioningly, "You can't just kiss me and act like nothing happened, Taehyung. I'm not a toy for you to play with!" Jimin scoffed at him.

"I'm not playing with you, Jimin! What the hell are you talking about? What am I supposed to do? Talk about every minute about our kiss? I don't get you." Jimin took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down, "Why did you kiss me?" Taehyung ran his hands on his hair, "I thought it was obvious why I kissed you."

"Well no it isn't! I'm not a mind reader! You told me you don't like me, and then you fucking kiss me! Stop making everything complicated and tell me what you really want, Taehyung." Taehyung sighed, "I can't, Jimin. I can't" Jimin scoffed as he removed his seatbelts harshly, "Fine Taehyung, Whatever. Have a good evening." With that Jimin got off his car and so did Taehyung.

Jimin started walking away and Taehyung followed him and placed his hands on Jimin shoulder, "Wait, please, jus-" Jimin jerked his hands away, "No, I'm fucking done." He started walking away to his home as Taehyung watched him leaving, defeated. Not wanting to let him go, His heart aching. He can't hold back anymore. He can't keep lying to himself anymore.

"I kissed you because I like you!"

He shouted, making Jimin stop on his tracks. Jimin eyes widened as he turned around to find Taehyung looking at him, his eyes pleading with his, "I like you. . . so please. . ." He mumbled. Jimin features softened slightly as he turned back and walked away to his home, leaving Taehyung alone. Taehyung watched him leaving, dejectedly as he leaned against his car and looked at the ground, as a small sigh escaped his lips.

He felt a huge pang in his heart as he tugged on his lips harshly, After a minute, he heard a door click, looking up, he found Jimin door opening once again as Jimin walked out and made his way to him, while Taehyung looked at him confusingly. Jimin walked to him, "Are you just going to stand here like a lost puppy?" He raised his eyebrows.

Before Taehyung could say anything, Jimin walked around the car and sat on the passenger seat, "Don't just stand there! Get in, let's go." Taehyung was really confused but nonetheless, he got on the driver seat and started the engine, he sighed and looked at Jimin, "Where to?"

"Wherever you want. We need to talk. I don't care if you don't want to." Taehyung gulped and looked back at the road, "We will" With that, he drove off. After what felt like 20 mins, both the boys found themselves in front of the Han river, The boys leaned against the railing, watching the river as the fresh air washed their face, the silence drowning them.

"Did you really mean it. . . when you said that you like me back there. . .?" Jimin finally broke the silence, "I did. . . but--" The mint haired sighed as he clutched onto the railing tightly. Jimin tilted his head to the side to look at him, "But what?" Taehyung bit his lips before looking at him, "We can't be together."