☂︎ CHAPTER EIGHT - wait what? ☂︎

"Jimin!" The said male looked up from his bloodied hands to Jungkook, who was running toward him. Jimin sprang to his feet and ran to him, wrapping his arms around Jungkook, who gripped Jimin fiercely, "Sh it's okay. . ." Jimin buried his face in the crook of his neck as Jungkook gently caressed his back, comforting the boy who was freaking out on his arms.

Jungkook pulled away and made him sit down and kneeled down in front of him, "How did this happen?" Jimin looked at Jungkook, guilt written over his features, "I was c-crossing the road. . . I didn't see the car and Taehyung-" He shook his head, trying to get the image out of his head, "I hate him, yet I don't want him to die. . . not because of me."

"It's not your fault, Jimin. Don't hold it against yourself."

"It was supposed to be me, Jungkook. He probably didn't realize it was me until he shoved me out of the way, but why didn't he think of himself before shoving me out of the way... If something bad happened to h-him, I'd blame myself."

Jimin has always thought Taehyung was a selfish jerk who only thinks for himself, but what he did tonight... he just doesn't know. He couldn't decide whether to resent him for trying to be a hero and make him feel horrible, or to be grateful that he had saved his life. He simply didn't know.

"What did the doctors say?"

"T-They didn't say anything yet," Jimin sighed, "He'll be fine, don't worry" Jungkook reassured his friend.

They heard footsteps approaching them and turned to the side to see Yoongi approaching them, a worried expression on his face. Jimin contacted Yoongi after taking Taehyung to the hospital to inform him of the situation because they were best friends.

"Jimin. Jungkook." He looked at the both the boys. Jungkook gave him a nod and stood up, "What happened?" Jimin looked at Jungkook, pleading him to tell him, since Jimin doesn't want to relieve it.

Jungkook turned to Yoongi, "Taehyung pushed Jimin out of the way when he saw a car speeding toward him, but he got. . . run over instead." Yoongi ran his hands on his hair, "I'm sorry," Jimin voice was barely above a whisper but Yoongi heard it, "What are you sorry for?"

"This happened because. . . of me."

"This isn't your fault. Don't blame yourself, since it was his choice to save you. He'll be alright."

"How come you're so sure. . . ?" Jimin stood up.

"I just know. I know Taehyung. He's a fighter, if he was a quitter, he'd have quit long ago. Trust me when I-" Yoongi was interrupted when the doctor walked out, the three boys sprinted toward him, while the doctor removed his mask, "Is he okay?" Jimin asked, completely restless. He just wants to know whether Taehyung is okay.

"There is nothing to be worried about. He crossed the danger zone, but if you had got him to the hospital even a minute late, we may have lost him. He's fortunate, but he'll require a lot of bed rest and extra care."

Jimin released the breath that he didn't realize he was holding. Yoongi smiled, "Thank you doctor. Can we see him?"

"You can, but don't disturb the patient," The doctor smiled, before walking away, "I told you, didn't I?" Jungkook chuckled. Jimin sighed, "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm pleased that he's fine."

"You guys want to go and see him?" Yoongi asked, Jimin hesitated, "You both go ahead, I need to go to washroom to. . . you know" He showed his bloodied hands, "I need to wash my hands. . ." They both nodded and Jimin walked away.

He sighed and entered the restroom. He walked over to the sink and switched on the water, which flowed down the drain. He brought his hands forward and washed and cleaned them. He looked at his reflection in the mirror to find his cheeks wet. Did I cry?

He splashed water on his face. An exhausted expression took over his face, "Why the hell did I cry?" He mumbled, questioning himself. The accident flashed on his head once again, and a small frown formed on his lips.

He never imagined he'd be worrying about Taehyung, the person he despises, the one who made his life a living hell, the guy who irritated him, the guy who he believed was selfish, but today. . . he proved him wrong. Jimin knows Taehyung would not have saved him if he knew he was Jimin, but it made him hate Taehyung a bit less because he was willing to risk his life to save someone else's.

He's not sure how he feels about it all, but he knows one thing for certain: things will never be the same again after today.

"Jimin?" He snapped out of his thoughts as he watched the running tap, "Shit," he cursed and turned the tap off. He turned around to find Jungkook, "Are you okay?" Jimin nodded, "Yeah, I'm okay."

"Taehyung woke up. I just wanted to let you know. He doesn't know he saved you, and we didn't tell him, but we did tell him the person he saved was here. He was asking for you."

Jimin sighed, "He is going to regret it."

Jungkook shrugged, "You'll never find out. Just go see him. I'm heading to the cafeteria to get some food."

Jimin nodded and Jungkook walked away. A small sigh left his lips as he dragged his feet to Taehyung ward. As soon as he arrived to his ward, he noticed Yoongi heading out. He gave Jimin a nod, "Don't fight, yeah? This is a hospital." Jimin let out a chuckle, "I'll try not to."

Yoongi patted his shoulder before walking away. Jimin stared at the door, "Here it goes"  He grumbled as he walked in and pulled the door open. Taehyung was on his bed, looking at the ceiling, tubes hooked to his hands. Jimin swallowed harshly when the sound of beeps reached his ears. There was a big bandage that was wrapped around Taehyung head and his blond hair rested on top of the bandage. 

Feeling someone's presence, Taehyung slowly turned his head and looked in Jimin direction, making Jimin sigh softly. Taehyung raised his eyebrows, his gaze not leaving Jimin who was standing there awkwardly, "Jimin?" Taehyung's voice sounded so unfamiliar to his ears because it was little hoarse and so dry. 

"Taehyung," Jimin mumbled before strolling over to Taehyung and sitting on the chair next to his bed, "You know, we aren't really close enough for you to visit me in the hospital." Taehyung rolled his eyes, "You shouldn't have saved me in the first place if you didn't want me to come see you." 

Taehyung eyes widened, "Wait, what? That guy I saved was actually you?" Jimin shrugged, "Yeah, that guy was me." Taehyung stared at him blankly for a while, before sighing and looking up at the ceiling, "If I have known it was you, I wouldn't have even saved you"

Ouch.

"Well, before you try that idiotic stunt again, check who it is." Jimin rolled his eyes. Taehyung looked back at him, "And next time you cross the road, keep your eyes open."

 Jimin folded his arms against his chest, a small smirk dancing on his lips, "Aw, are you worrying about me, Kim Taehyung?"

Taehyung sniggered, "You wish, Park Jimin. I may have saved you. . . Let me add, I didn't know it was you before I saved you, but that doesn't change shit. I still hate you"

"The feeling is mutual"

_______

1275 words.

Edited.