☂︎ CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR :: butterflies ☂︎

Jimin rubbed his eyes as he sat up on his bed, a small yawn escaped his lips. Eh? The last thing I remember is being in Taehyung's car, so how did I end up in my room? He looked around and saw Taehyung seated on the couch, his gaze fixed on the phone.

He lifted his head up to look at Jimin, soon a smile made its way to his lips, "You are awake." Jimin bit his lips, "How did I get here?" Taehyung turned his phone off and placed it on the sofa, "Well you were sleeping peacefully, I didn't want to wake you up so I carried you here." Jimin eyes widened, "But I'm heavy, How did you carry me?"

Taehyung looked at him in disbelief, "Are you kidding, Jimin? you were as light as a feather." Jimin rolled his eyes, "You are lying." Taehyung folded his arms against his chest, "You know I hate lies. Except for that one time in the hospital when I lied to you that I regretted saving you, I've never lied in my life, so what makes you think I'm lying now, huh?"

Jimin bit his lips, "Whatever, shut up now!" Taehyung let out a small chuckle, "You are blushing again."

"I'm not!"

"You are."

"I said I'm not!"

"Then tell me why are your cheeks are so red right now?" Taehyung smirked, leaning against the couch. Jimin ran his hands on his hair, "I n-need to use the washroom!" He threw the blankets aside as he sprinted toward the washroom, closing the door behind him. He leaned against the door, placing his hands on his chest, feeling his heart beating rapidly fast against his chest.

What the hell is happening? Why does Taehyung affect me so much? This has never happened before. . .

He facepalmed himself as he walked to the sink and washed his face. He looked up at his reflection in the mirror and slapped his face slightly, "Just what do you think you are doing, Park Jimin?" He mumbled to himself.

He knows these types of feelings - increased heartbeats, getting butterflies, the euphoric feeling - are something you get from the person you like. There is no possible way I like him, right? All he really can hope is the answer is no because he's Kim Taehyung and he's Park Jimin - they can't like each other or it'll just end up in chaos.

He let out a sigh, "Control your feelings, Jimin. Control it." He whispered gently to himself as he stepped out to find Taehyung sitting in the same spot, looking at the wall, deep in thought - he appeared to be in a total daze.

Jimin's lips were carved with a sweet smile as he closed the door behind him and moved to Taehyung, where he flopped on the couch next to him. Taehyung's stream of thinking was interrupted as he felt the couch dip. He shifted his gaze to the side and noticed Jimin seated next to him, "You alright? You appeared to be intently contemplating something." Jimin questioned, his voice coming out soft.

Taehyung smiled softly, "I'm okay. What about you?" Jimin returned his smile, "Duh," Taehyung nodded looking back at wall, "We decided to have a movie night, you still up for that?" Taehyung looked back at him, "That was the plan, wasn't it?"

"Wait up, let me grab my laptop!" Jimin said eagerly, making Taehyung laugh at his cuteness as Jimin got from the couch, walked to the nightstand, grabbed his laptop, and returned while Taehyung leaned on the sofa.

"What do you say about Rom com?"

"Ew no, let's go for horror." Taehyung spoke up.