☂︎ CHAPTER NINE :: scared ☂︎

It's been a week since Taehyung got discharged from the hospital. Two weeks since his accident, but if anything, he was straining his body even more due to all the fights, and beats from his father didn't help either. His abuse got worse after the day he beat him up, but again, that wasn't anything new to him either.

On other side, Taehyung and Jimin hatred toward each other? It still remained the same, but they don't pick pointless arguments like they used to; instead, they entirely ignore one other's presence. When they run into hallways, they walk past each other, leaving all the youngsters wondering what happened since whenever Taehyung and Jimin are in the same room, they would fling insults at each other.

The fact is that Taehyung was too exhausted psychologically and physically to argue, fight, or even talk. He feels like crying every time he speaks, and he doesn't want anyone to see him cry. He had really become quiet. He even stopped talking properly with Yoongi. Jimin, on the other hand, as much as he despises it, felt horrible about Taehyung's accident. He still loathes him, but not as much as he used to. As a result, he stopped picking fights with Taehyung.

Unlike Taehyung, Jimin did notice Taehyung, merely to make sure he was okay because he was the cause of his accident, but all he saw this week was Taehyung coming to school with new bruises every day. He had the impulse to confront the man about it at times, but he stopped himself and told himself that it was none of his business.

Just like Taehyung told him two weeks back, Just because he saved him that day doesn't change shit. He still the Kim Taehyung he hates, and he's still the Park Jimin that Taehyung hates. If there was anything Jimin learned about Taehyung after that day, It was that Taehyung is not as heartless as he thought he was.

Jimin had a very awful day today. His alarm didn't go off, he got into an argument with his mother, he realized he hadn't studied for his test, and, worst of all, Jungkook hadn't come to school since he left for Busan. It was really boring without him there, so yes, he was having a pretty bad day, despite the fact that it was just morning.

He was about to cross the music room, when he heard a loud familiar voice coming from inside, "Why can't you just come and live with me, Taehyung?!" Jimin eyes widened when he heard Taehyung name. He stood out of the closed door of the music room. Every part of his body telling him to walk away, but he remained rooted to the ground.

"Because I don't want your help, Yoongi!" He heard Taehyung shout. 

Walk away, Jimin, Just what do you think you are doing?

"For fuck's sake! So, what are you going to do now? Let your father beat you up to crap until you are dead?"

What?

"If that means dying in his hands, so be it! I don't give a fuck!" Taehyung shouted, completely unaware of someone listening to their conversation, "This has been happening to me my entire life! Actually, I'm accustomed to it!" His chest moved up and down due to his heavy breathing.

It's not that he don't want to take Yoongi help, It's that no matter what, he can't escape. If he stays with Yoongi, Taehyung is sure his father will find him and kill him, but that doesn't scare him because he's not scared to die, he had seen death way too many times to be scared of it. What he's actually worried about is Yoongi, if Yoongi helps him, his father may kill him or harm him and Taehyung can't let that happen.

At this point, Yoongi is the only person he has who cares for him truly. He's not ready to lose him, because if it isn't Yoongi, he'll have no one left on this planet for him, absolutely no one. Even if he sends his father to jail, he has people outside who'll do their job for him, just like how he killed his mom.

"Taehyung please. . . Why can't you see it? Every time I go back home, I can't be fucking relieved! I'm constantly worried that I won't see you the next day! Don't even get me started on while you were gone. . . Do you have any idea how scared I was? I started stressing out every time you answered to me late, wondering if you died! So please forgive me, Kim Taehyung; I don't want to lose my only best friend." Yoongi raised his voice. Yoongi is not the one to show emotions, even though he doesn't say it often, he really worries about the younger.

"Yoongi. . ." Taehyung trailed off, "You know this is my life, there is nothing you and I can do about it. . . You can't help me even if you want to, that will only lead you to your own death."

"He can't kill me, but you know what's actually killing me?"  Yoongi took a step forward and Taehyung watched his every move. Yoongi grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, "The fact that I know your father abuses you and you ain't letting me help you! That's what's killing me! Knowing there is something I could do. . . but you ain't letting me." The blonde stared at his best friend in shock, "Just how selfish can you get, Taehyung? Why don't you just let me help you? God dammit!" He shouted, shoving Taehyung backward, and Taehyung stumbled backward.

Outside, Jimin legs started shaking. Taehyung father is abusing him. . .? T-that's why that day he beat his father up?

Fuck—

"I don't want to talk about this anymore!" He heard Taehyung voice and he heard footsteps nearing, but before he could leave, the door flew open. His eyes widened when he came face to face with Kim Taehyung.

Taehyung eyes widened when he saw Jimin staring at him with his widened eyes as well. Taehyung curled his palms into a fist, and dug his nails into his palms.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

▬▬▬

1046 words. 

Edited.