☂︎ CHAPTER FIFTY ONE :: every day ☂︎

A month later. . .

 Everything was going well for the boys, and if anything, they were growing stronger. Jimin and his mother moved out because they found a nice place to live, despite Taehyung's insistence that they didn't have to. . .  Jiyeon was worried. She made sure to tell Taehyung how much his assistance meant to them but Jimin and Jiyeon didn't want to leech off him.

The house wasn't large, but it was adequate for him and his mother. Jimin didn't see his father again after that day, and he was relieved because if his father appeared in front of his eyes again, he doesn't know what he'd do.

There were days when he felt hopeless, yet he was never alone. . . Fortunately, Taehyung was at his side to help him feel better, and he was grateful to Taehyung. He is unable to express himself verbally. It was nice to have someone by his side when he was going through a difficult time. It may have been a lot more difficult if it hadn't been for Taehyung.

Just like Jimin, Taehyung had his days as well. It was really heartbreaking for Jimin to see Taehyung waking up in the middle of night, shaking and screaming. It was often difficult to quiet him down after a nightmare and bring him back to reality, but Jimin, who was adept at soothing people, always managed to calm him down.

Most of the times, Taehyung always found excuses to stay the night up just to escape his nightmares but Jimin always looked past the excuses, he know Taehyung well enough to know that he is staying up to avoid nightmares. He can't help but feel helpless. If he could. . . He would drive all of his nightmares away or take all his pain to himself but he can't and that made him feel useless.

Taehyung's father has left a permanent scar on Taehyung's heart that Jimin cannot erase. At times like this, Jimin grew to despise Taehyung's father even more. If he wasn't already dead, he'd kill himself for all he'd done to Taehyung.

Now that they've moved out, Taehyung will have no one by his side to comfort him at night, which made him feel incredibly bad.

Jimin advised that Taehyung consult a therapist for his nightmares, but Taehyung convinced the elder that he was fine and could handle on his own. Jimin isn't sure how he's still strong after everything. He'll never know.

Jimin was chewing on his nails and staring at his book when his phone rang next to him. He set the book down and took his phone from the nightstand. It was Yoongi, it was late, almost midnight— why was Yoongi calling him at such a late hour?

Furrowing his eyebrows, he accepted the call and brought the phone to his ears, "Yoongi?" But Yoongi didn't reply, all he could really hear is the heavy breathing from the next side that only made him worry even more, "Yoongi? Is everything okay?"

"Jimin. . . Taehyung--" He heard Yoongi speak from the other side, "What? What about Taehyung?" Jimin raised his voice, panic lacing his voice, "I stayed over at his home. . . And he woke up screaming and he had a panic attack--" Jimin eyes widened, fear crepting onto him, "I tried to calm him down, Jimin but he. . . He fainted. I don't know what to do--"

"I'm coming."  With that, Jimin hung up the phone, got out of bed, and grabbing his black hoodie that was thrown over the chair. He instantly went out, snatching his mother's car keys, and dashed out to his mother's car, taking care not to wake her up in the process.

After what felt like 10 minutes, he pulled the car over infront of Taehyung house. Normally, it would take him 20 minutes to go to Taehyung's house, but the pace with which he drove the car got him there quickly. Fortunately, the road was clear at night, making it easy for him to drive.